This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i get a shiney finish on a carbon fibre wrapped boot strip

ive wraped my boot strip but its a matt finish and i would like to know how to achieve a glass like finish - would i just get it laqured or is there more to it than that ? pls help

I would have thought you could just lacquer it but I'm not sure! I just use Megs tyre shine on mine an it make it real nice and shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by ian k b View Post
      ive wraped my boot strip but its a matt finish and i would like to know how to achieve a glass like finish - would i just get it laqured or is there more to it than that ? pls help
      I have have wrapped my plug cover and was having the same problem, I laqured it and now its got a good shine to it
      Debadged, Tinted Windows, Carbon fibre bits, Cobra Exhaust, Rarb, Pro Kit Springs, EDS Tophat, Forge Recirc Valve, Oil restrictor bolt, TXA Intercooler, Pipercross cone, CDTI Hose, KTM Orange Snowflakes - TMS Stage 3 Map 290 BHP and 347 Torque

Comment

Originally posted by Rojies View Post
        I would have thought you could just lacquer it but I'm not sure! I just use Megs tyre shine on mine an it make it real nice and shiny!
        yup, i just give my carbon bits a light spray of tyre shine each time i wash car and does the job

Comment

tyre shine...i may just try that...cool

Comment

update so far - ive seen someone on here do there carbon wrap so its like a glass finish - but now i cant find the thread to it, i think they applied a resin and then laqured it.
            now ive taken it to a bodywork shop to get it laqured and the guy there said he doesnt think it will work, he thinks that when the laquer makes contact with the vinly it will just damage it have a nasy reaction, so what we are in the process of doing is i have left him with a sample of wrap to laquer and see what happens, i will get the results tomorrow fingers crossed it will work.

Comment

Working...
            X