This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regal HC Pistons

Anyone on here yet running with the new 9.2:1 HC pistons ???
    sigpic

Not yet but hopefully by TV live I will have a fully rebuilt engine if the rest of the parts come in time and I get the time to do my water way strengthening at work but best layed plans and all that . I will be the guinea pig For the Vxr's can't wait . But I do believe gman on here is running 9.2:1 pistons along with his BW EFR turbo in his astra g with very good results .

Time will tell but I m quietly very confident in what the outcome will be
    vxr-blacksheep
    VXR Sheep Mad
    Last edited by vxr-blacksheep; 21 June 2011, 09:51 PM.
    Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

These came today HC pistons let the build begin

The Hood
      VXR enough
      Last edited by The Hood; 23 June 2011, 06:11 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

lucky bugger looks like your going to beat me to it
        Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
          Anyone on here yet running with the new 9.2:1 HC pistons ???
          I could be completely wrong (someone please correct me if i am, i'm still learning ) but assuming HC stands for high comp, wouldn't high comp normally be considered to be closer to 12:1?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post
            lucky bugger looks like your going to beat me to it
            Am still waiting for my head and crank yet !

So it will be a few weeks yet andy
            sigpic

Comment

No mate it means it is higher compression than the standard pistons mate

Comment

sounds like the battle of the builds

will look forward to seeing some nice results

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

ahh okay, was just that i was talking to a mate about his build (cossie) the other day and he was considering going high comp at about 12:1 i think he said. What is the standard compression on a vxr out of curiosity?

Comment

If going 12:1 he must be building a normally aspirated one, it wouldn't last 30 seconds as a turbo motor. Standard vxr is 8.8 I think.
                    andrewt1971
                    VXR enough
                    Last edited by andrewt1971; 23 June 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I'll ask him again, maybe i mis heard but it's definitely a turbo lump.

Assuming nothing else was changed what sort of power difference would you expect to see between the 8.8 and 9.2 comp? Sorry for all the questions, just it's something that's always intrigued me

Comment

Probably not more than 2 or 3 percent but you do get better off boost performance and economy.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBats View Post

Assuming nothing else was changed what sort of power difference would you expect to see between the 8.8 and 9.2 comp? Sorry for all the questions, just it's something that's always intrigued me
                          I will let you know m8
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBats View Post

Accordingly to the suppliers of these pistons - REGAL - it makes for a greener engine and good for 2bar of boost:- better emissions and economy and suits well a bigger turbo with its heritage from the Calibre iirc

Please note the thickness of the crown, sorry you maynot be able to judge that from the pics
                            sigpic

Comment

Some of the wrc turbo cars run around a 10.5:1 c/r and more than 2 bar it's what gives them the power and performance that they have . But that big penny engines

Comment

Working...
                              X