This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing wheel centre caps tips?

is there any easy/quicker way of changing my centre caps on my wheels without having to take each wheel off? any handy little tips mucho appreciated
    58 arden vxr gloss black snowflakes,gloss black diffusser and carbon boot strip,boost gauge and scangauge2,blue hoses,k&n panel filter,cobra cat back zorst cobra precat downpipe,forge recirc,dreamscience ultima,cool running thermostat,txa front mount cooler,273bhp.sports cat coming next

Guessing you have 18" so not really less you want to mark your alloys
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Originally posted by jiraffe View Post
      Guessing you have 18" so not really less you want to mark your alloys
      yes mate ive got 18 snowflakes gloss blackand wanna change the caps for carbon wrapped or black ones to make it suit a little better,i guess i"ll just have to stop being lazy and take the wheels off thanks.
      58 arden vxr gloss black snowflakes,gloss black diffusser and carbon boot strip,boost gauge and scangauge2,blue hoses,k&n panel filter,cobra cat back zorst cobra precat downpipe,forge recirc,dreamscience ultima,cool running thermostat,txa front mount cooler,273bhp.sports cat coming next

Comment

slightly off topic although still centre cap related... can you take the emblem off the centre cap so you can paint it to match the rest of the wheel when refurbishing?
        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Should just be able to yank em off mate... mine came off no bother when I had mine done.

And the griffin on the centre badge looks like it'd snap to me if you tried to get it off, I just left it in the end.

Comment

just been pricing up new ones didnt realise they are so expensive best price i can find on the net is £70 delivered for 4 not tried vaux yet but doubt they can beat that even on trade club
            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I might have some griffins in the garage off the centre caps. You can have them for nowt if I have.

Gimme 5 mins to look (don't get your hopes up as I have no idea if/where they are lol)
              VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Sorry, got a bit confused as not seen them for ages lol. It's these that are in the garage - and griffins already taken off with the gel-type badges stuck on.

21052010585.jpg21052010584.jpg
                VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Originally posted by gooner View Post
                  Should just be able to yank em off mate... mine came off no bother when I had mine done.

And the griffin on the centre badge looks like it'd snap to me if you tried to get it off, I just left it in the end.
                  how did you yank them off without damaging your wheel tho mate? thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X