X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eonon D5107 those of you with a Sub

Hey guys/girls

Im after some advice please!

does anyone know which of the red and white connectors you have to connect the speaker cables to for an amp/sub?

RR RL?

Or 2zone L and R?

Please done tell me i need to connect RL RR FR and FL to the two cables?

anyone?

Comment

Hi Danny, sorry but our unit neither has subwoofer output nor external amplifier input. It has a built-in amplifier. So you can't connect external ones. Hope you can understand.
      Thanks!
      EononCarDVD
      VXRacing ahead
      Last edited by EononCarDVD; 27 June 2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

So you can't fit a sub to an Eonon unit?
        Astra VXR Nurburgring #683

Check out my mixes on: www.soundcloud.com/deejay-iceman
        Resident DJ - RED Fridays @ rouge Nightclub, Southend

Comment

Wow that sucks.

Comment

Surely it would be rear out left and right connections? It doesn't have sub out like most stereo's but rear pre-outs should do the job just fine, so long as you have your sub's amp filtering the high frequencies, but most amps for subs has one especially a mono amp so you should be fine.

@ Eonon - what are the pre-outs for then if you can't connect an amp? RCA Pre-outs should be unamplified. I think you should double check with your tech department, I highly doubt the output from rear outs is amplified. Pre-out means output before ('pre') amplification...
            zefal
            VXR enough
            Last edited by zefal; 27 June 2011, 12:12 PM.
            Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE
            Hello EVO 9 FQ-340 (now 420 BHP/ 430 ft-lb/s)

Comment

I have connected my amp to the RL,RR and FL, FR and is working perfect!
              sigpic

Comment

Aaah I thought so, you'll be fine connecting amp to RR and RL... confirmation from dimkais!

@ Eonon, I wouldn't go spouting your Stereo can't handle amps!! Bad for sales mate! lol - to help things, I would get confirmation from your tech department that the pre-outs are NOT amplified!
                Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE

Comment

A slight hi-jack and tad off subject but can anyone recommend a decent place to run the cables from HU to boot and remain out of sight? At the moment im taking them from glovebox, behind the rubber seal (passenger door) but then they become visable between back of passenger door and boot?!

Im thinking under the carpet maybe? Is this easy?

Cheers
                  Arctic White Astra VXR

Comment

Originally posted by dimkais View Post
                    I have connected my amp to the RL,RR and FL, FR and is working perfect!
                    Really appreciate for your clarification dimkais! Thumb up for you!

Originally posted by zefal View Post
                    Aaah I thought so, you'll be fine connecting amp to RR and RL... confirmation from dimkais!

@ Eonon, I wouldn't go spouting your Stereo can't handle amps!! Bad for sales mate! lol - to help things, I would get confirmation from your tech department that the pre-outs are NOT amplified!
                    Hi zefal, really sorry for the misleading at first! Blame it on me, not Eonon unit. Appologize for my mistake. I've confirmed with our tech today, yes you can connect the amp to all the RCA out puts incluing FL, FR, RL, RR. The pre-outs can also be amplified. Thanks!
                    EononCarDVD
                    VXRacing ahead
                    Last edited by EononCarDVD; 28 June 2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Not sure VXR06, I haven't done them yet - will be interested to know how you do it.
                      I will be, but I don't want to put in single din pioneer HU I have in VXR - selling that and buying either Eonon unit or Pioneer FH-P80BT so when I do it I do it for good. I'm also um-ing and r-ing about whether I want to spend £300 on stereo that isn't DAB. When I get double din though I'll be putting in my sub and amp. I'll let you know where I run the cables and probably put up how-to if there's not one already?

Only problem I am going to face is running the power cable... my amp is so powerful it requires running a 2cm diameter power cable with 80amp fat glass fuse (plus fitting powercap)... not sure how and where I'm going to run that but I managed to hide it perfectly in my Clio 182 so I'm sure I'll do it.

@ Eonon - When's the next group buy on your unit and is there a DAB (digital radio) version on the cards?

Cheers,

Paul
                      Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE

Comment

@ Eonon - When's the next group buy on your unit and is there a DAB (digital radio) version on the cards?
                        Cheers,

Paul
                        Hi Paul, welcome to buy! I'm not sure about the time of next group buy, since at least another 10 people should get in to start it. Now 2-3 people are interested it.

About the DAB, we won't make it for future version products, since it's not in high demand and the applied regions are limited, hope you can understand, thanks! Anyway, the unit is good enough.

Comment

I will be on the next group buy Defo

Comment

Hi Eonon,

If I'm honest I think the unit is lacking a few basic things, but excels in other functions like big touch screen and sat-nav.. and it's an excellent price considering it works straight out of the box in VXR. I'm sure overall it's a great little unit though, and after quite a bit of research, I think I'll give it a go because the standard VXR stereo is doing my head in it's so poor.

Can you put together a new group buy shortly? I was even looking at buying from website without group buy, but it says out of stock completely... are you getting more in shortly?

Thanks,

Paul
                            Stage 3 Arden Astra GONE

Comment

Originally posted by zefal View Post
                              Hi Eonon,

If I'm honest I think the unit is lacking a few basic things, but excels in other functions like big touch screen and sat-nav.. and it's an excellent price considering it works straight out of the box in VXR. I'm sure overall it's a great little unit though, and after quite a bit of research, I think I'll give it a go because the standard VXR stereo is doing my head in it's so poor.

Can you put together a new group buy shortly? I was even looking at buying from website without group buy, but it says out of stock completely... are you getting more in shortly?

Thanks,

Paul
                              Hi Paul, the next group buy depends on you guys, not me. If up to 10 people are collected, we will consider about starting a new round soon. So introduce it to more friends!

And more important is, D5108 is out of stock right now due to hot sale, it will probably be back in the middle of July. Please kindly wait for a while with patience.

If you want to get informed once the D5108 is available, you can register your Email in our website here: https://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Player...DVD/D5108.html

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X