This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo or engine problem help please

well i have an 08 astra vxr and no mods my problem started about 2 weeks ago with the smell of petrol then a sirenn/whining sound that gets faster when you put your foot down and is loud and yesterday it started smoking and to me it looks white in colour and does not smell of burnt oil and today a fault code 013658 and000000 any help/guidence would be appreciated thanks

Check the code in the "How to check error codes thread" here - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/for...w-to-Astra-VXR

The P0136 is a Lambda error the 000000 just means end of errors

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by simon43 View Post
      well i have an 08 astra vxr and no mods my problem started about 2 weeks ago with the smell of petrol then a sirenn/whining sound that gets faster when you put your foot down and is loud and yesterday it started smoking and to me it looks white in colour and does not smell of burnt oil and today a fault code 013658 and000000 any help/guidence would be appreciated thanks
      Get it to a VX Dealer ASAP - hopefully you are still under warranty, sounds like it could be serious!

headgasket ? - whats your water level like ?

The noise is it coming from behind you (fuel pump under backseat) or infront of you (turbo) ??
      sigpic

Comment

sounds to me like turbo, is there smoke just on start up? or constant?

Comment

thanks guys well the noise seems to be midway so back seat would be about right which would indicate fuel pump.the waranty ran out in march 2011 and there are no visible signs oil in water or water in oil but it has used some oil recently

Comment

theres only normal smoke on startup but when engine reaches optimal temperature thats when it smokes and increases when you put your foot down

Comment

Originally posted by simon43 View Post
              thanks guys well the noise seems to be midway so back seat would be about right which would indicate fuel pump.the waranty ran out in march 2011 and there are no visible signs oil in water or water in oil but it has used some oil recently
              Compression tests would be the next thing to undertake............
              sigpic

Comment

will do thanks bud

Comment

sorted the smell of petrol a new rubber done the trick.the lambda error whats the next course of action for that please

Comment

should i clean or buy new sensors and would an oil restrictor bolt be of any advantage to the turbo at the moment

Comment

I just had this noise on mine ended up needing a new turbo

Comment

Working...
                      X