This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR fuel VS Scooby

Hi Guys i anted some figures for the Astra as i cant remember since i had mine.

2 years ago i had a Black Astra VXR and regulary drove to London from Leeds but i never took down what MPG i got, I sold it after 10 Months and Bought myself a new Subaru WRX-S i had that for 11 Months and Purchased a new 2011 STI Saloon, Im currently pushing about 29 to 31 MPG on the motorway.

As your all aware scoobies are crap on fuel but the above figures i hazard a guessare nearly what my old Astra was,

can anybody tell me what MPG you get if doing 70 to 80 on a long motorway run. Standard VXR no mapped stuff

Thanks Guys, feel free to ask me any questions and no Flames

30-37 isn't unrealistic. I sometimes see 40.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Thanks Rabbid

Comment

Drove from uk to west coast of Ireland on saturday and returned 36mpg, boot fully loaded using Tesco 99

Comment

I'm currently averaging 26.5mpg, but that's mainly short trips with very little motorway journeys.

Comment

so its was marginally better, im same if i potter about then its 24 to 26 motorway is 30 ish, Im due for a cosworth remap this week and i know they change my Petrol sticker so i can use the lesser 97ron , im gonna ask if they have made MPG any better cos i know the orginal Subaru maps bucket the fuel in, where as any half decent mappy can get you up to near Astra Figure for Driving miss daisy.

Just i can warrent that as itll void the warrenty, so i gotta have official ones

Comment

The other day coming back from Nottingham straight down the m1, I reset the trip comp at the petrol station (tesco) before junction 26, I got to dartford amd had averages 42.8mpg, that was with CC on doing 65 the whole way.
              VXRED

Dap-r & wheels so far, plenty more to come!

Comment

wows thats better than my wifes zaffy Elite Diesal LOL

Comment

348 miles from Sheffield to Penzance last June I got 40.65mpg, doing ~68mph (2500rpm in 6th) with Cruise Control on all the way down.

Comment

Average 28/30 mpg on normal day today driving.Mostly around the town.

On long runs easily high 30s
                    sigpic

Comment

Ye I have had 2 scoobys and I'd say the vixer is defo better on fuel but not by much, I average 26-28 but on long runs I get around 35ish which I'd say the scoob would never see that.

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                        Ye I have had 2 scoobys and I'd say the vixer is defo better on fuel but not by much, I average 26-28 but on long runs I get around 35ish which I'd say the scoob would never see that.
                        Same here.......don't think I ever saw more than 26mpg with my Scooby, even if keeping to 65 mph on a run.

Loved it though
                        12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

i drove from derbyshire to southhampton and back again and got 44mpg
                          my average mpg for my dailydrive (all b-roads) is 28-29mpg consistantly, this is with mixed driving, some cruising and some fun
                          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

With cruise set at 70mph or below mid-high 30's is easily attainable. Creep upto around 80 odd then its down in low 30's. Short trips (3 miles) to work & back i average 27mpg.

Comment

My MPG at this moment in time is 27.6 MPG around town ......... I went from Aberdeen - Alloa a few weeks back and got 42.3MPG average, cruise on at 70MPH on the motorways, and 60MPH when I turned of for the last 10 miles Most I've had from a full tank is 428 miles before the fuel light came on.

James

sigpic
                              MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Working...
                              X