This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost mystery .......

Been treking all over today, loads of enthusiastic driving and plenty of boost, in fact a lot more than usual, considering the outside temperature never dropped below 25 degrees all day, heat soak and lack of boost should have been a factor. I'm only stage 1 mapped and still have standard precat and main cat exhaust and standard cooler. The car normally overboosts at around 18 psi and holds at 15/16, but today its been hitting 21/22 psi overboost and holding around 17/18 . In all this muggy air, surely that shouldn't be happening, but car has been feeling great. Is my boost gauge having a mare, or is there another explanation? ......
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

humm, strange one, as you have said with the weather being so warm you should be getting slightly less performance. check the boost hose from the actuator to make ssure it isnt slightly loos or got a small tear in it for some reason. my boost hose split from the actuator and the booost was going off the guage past 30 psi!

Comment

my car felt quick today which i thought was odd considering the weather
      Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
      Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
      Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

It could be something to do with ecu operating strategy. The basic principle that its designed around is to 'normalize' the torque delivery irespective of outside factors, so when you have a warm, humid day the ecu has to try a little harder to make the designated torque.( within the predetermined limits)

Comment

Was really weird, car was behaving like an animal
          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Working...
          X