This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing wiper arms

Excuse me if I'm being an idiot here but you do you remove the wiper arms on the astra?
    My wiper hits the scuttle panel so I wanna take it off and adjust it but cant see how to do so?

The plastic caps if I remember right do not screw off, just pull them up as they are not threaded.
    Then unscrew nut, arm is on a spline. pull off, it will be very tight at first.
    I used a bearing puller type thing to pull off the spline, I think somebody else used a ball joint splitter type thing to do the job.
    Just watch that bonnet though.
    Hope that helps
    Un-Official West Midlands Events Photographer Official West Midlands Regional Organiser

Comment

what he said ^^ you may be able to remove them without a puller if you try and work them loose just be careful as the arms can brake easily
      2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
        what he said ^^ you may be able to remove them without a puller if you try and work them loose just be careful as the arms can brake easily
        +1

Comment

they are easy to remove
          just undo the but a bit then pull up
          then take nut off an pull off
          do it this way so you dont hit your self in the head

when you put them back on use some copper slip on the wiper splines
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

They can be mega tight, depends how much the nut has been tightened as the spindle is tapered. One of mine always comes off easy, the other is a pig & i have to use a puller. Something like this:

Comment

Working...
            X