This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating bluefin map

Hi everyone just a quick question. I am TMS stage 2 just now with bluefin and fitted my fmic tonight, so tomorrow when i phone and request the map, when it is ready, do i just plug bluefin onto computer and itl overwrite stage 2 map with the stage 3? Then put onto the car? Thanks

Yep call TMS and request the map, you will get a text/email.

Then plug the Bluefin into your PC/laptop and sync it and it will download the new map ready to install on the car.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

whats the cost to go from stage 2 - stage 3 bud ?

Comment

Thanks worky, by any chance do you know what time their servers run till? I remember reading they can only be accessed at certain times..

Anders, the map upgrade is free for me as i have the bluefin, but the intercooler has to be purchased.

Comment

9 to 5 if I recall correctly
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by Richard 1 View Post
            Hi everyone just a quick question. I am TMS stage 2 just now with bluefin and fitted my fmic tonight, so tomorrow when i phone and request the map, when it is ready, do i just plug bluefin onto computer and itl overwrite stage 2 map with the stage 3? Then put onto the car? Thanks
            Let us know how you get on and what procedues you followed to complete the update.

Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks again worky.

Miniman - will do mate, will update the thread if i get it done tomorrow, hopefully will get back from work in time

Comment

i think the times have changed now, aslong as thorney send you the map between 9-5, you can access the server at any time to download the map to your bluefin
                Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

That would be ideal whytie as the map is ready, got a txt earlier so will get it on when I get home.

Comment

when i went from stage 2 to 3, i just asked thorney to update my entitlement at superchips. once this was done, i called superchips and asked them to send me the map file via email. this way, i have all the maps from stage 1 & 2 (sent to me in a previous email) and now stage 3 on the computer at home.

i recommend getting the maps sent to you so you have the option to change maps as and when without having to rely on the superchips server sitting in its office chair for the 9-5!
                    My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
                    And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

Comment

Thanks nia I will do that.

Also.. I had to restore my computer a while back, so now have to reinstall the bluefin software, so when I connect to the server, will it just put on the stage 3 map? or will it be stage 1 again?

Comment

It will be what ever they send you. If you ask for a stage 3 they will send you one.

Comment

Hi there quick question if I buy a bluefin can I map my car and my mrs car?

Comment

Originally posted by turboste View Post
                            No, the unit is linked to the ecu serial number so can only be used on one car.

Comment

Originally posted by turboste View Post
                              Nope, the bluefin will be only for the car you buy the remap for i.e. Astra then it will be locked to that car once you load it onto the car

p.s. if your considering a handheld unit, click on my sig for a group buy on the EDS IPF unit
                              sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X