This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding

69mph in a 40 zone is it a ban or just points and fine?

Thanks Dave

i got a ban for 64mph in a 30 zone
    Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Well i got caught doing 64 in a 40 and only got points and fine, I think its only a ban if your doing double the speed limit or over a 100.

Comment

anything over 30mph above the speed limiti is a ban - so you'll get points and a fine.

Comment

Jonno that's what I was thinking myself but it's all over internet 66mph in 40 is ban

Comment

Depends upon a number of issues not only the speed, the magistrates will have guidelines for differing speeds but can take into account, location, time of day, weather, etc and previous driving history, sometimes it is also better to ask the mags for a short ban as opposed to points and a large fine, have you taken legal advice?

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

No mate got home to a letter asking who was driving my car at 17:08 on Friday on my rOute home from work, 69 mph in 40 zone. I need to fill driver details and send it back

Comment

It said it was manned camera with photo evidence

Comment

say u wana see the evidence and also calibration certificate i asked for these and they couldnt provide them so had to be let off

Comment

Originally posted by james_666 View Post
                    say u wana see the evidence and also calibration certificate i asked for these and they couldnt provide them so had to be let off

Comment

anyone whos doing 60 od in a 30 or 40 deserves to get banned

Comment

Lets not turn this into a bad thread ....... yes 60+ is a bit much, but being honest the OP seems very sensible and hasn't bragged at all about it. We all do stupid things, but its how we learn from them that counts

James

sigpic
                        MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                          Here we go again..

Comment

Why say something like that, he was asking a genuine question, you mean you have never gone over the limit atall?????

Comment

Jog on sunshine I'm asking advice, I'm not saying it's right and I'm a big man for doing it but it happens and we all do it from time to time I just went a bit silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X