This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERFORMANCE CENTRE ASTRA @ Tuner GP

Did anyone get any pictures of the Performance Centre Astra @ Tuner GP this weekend at Snetterton or got any links to pictures?

Cheers

ian

Here you go:

Here's a few of the sprint-x car too:

Comment

Anyone know how did it get on up against the oposition ?

Comment

Cheers!

Any pictures of the interior?

ta

Comment

Originally posted by NotNormal
          Dave, If you are referring to the sprint car, excellent on the circuit and completed some very good 0-60 times (4.63 or was it 83). 1/4 was tad over 13 secs. In the hands of Mr Pearce handling and brakes where shown to deliver very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
            Originally posted by NotNormal
            Dave, If you are referring to the sprint car, excellent on the circuit and completed some very good 0-60 times (4.63 or was it 83). 1/4 was tad over 13 secs. In the hands of Mr Pearce handling and brakes where shown to deliver very well.
            Cheers Mark, I kinda gathered that but, I thought the Tuner GP was an event up against other tuners/makes/models etc so was interested to know how the Astra (or other VXR's if entered) did in the classes or against the other guys put to the test.

Comment

Originally posted by nixoni
              Cheers!

Any pictures of the interior?

ta
              What of the carbon fibre'd car or the sprint-x car?

Send Dave a PM (davidof). I think he's in Germany at the moment so there might be a slight delay!

Originally posted by Sparky
              In the hands of Mr Pearce handling and brakes where shown to deliver very well.
              You mean Mr Peace! :wink:

Comment

It won its class (hot hatch) I think the Clio 280PS was the other main contender.
                Lapped in 1'20 ish (dodgy memory) I know we were trying to do the Porsche 997Tubo but that was 1'19s.
                Btcc car will do Snet in 1'12 - 1'14.

However Gavin thought that with some actual setting up of the suspension ,rather than ragging it round on we thought it should be, we'd take a second or so out of it.

The T8 diesel was doing 1'25s I think which was pretty good we thought.

Sure Mr Thorne will publish times soon. Again I think the best time was 1'13 or 14 , can't quite remember.

VPC will also have the 'Sprint' package for sale soon

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by the vxr mothership
                  VPC will also have the 'Sprint' package for sale soon
                  Oooooo......can you give details or do we have to wait?!

(Nice to finally meet you BTW. I was the one with the borrowed VPC black wheels with my old tyres on. You asked me about them whilst getting a shed load of coffee!!)

Comment

Great weekend, and really enjoyed the laps in the Sprint Car with Dave at the wheel. Was equally impressed with brakes and handling of the T8 too

Comment

Boooo, sounds like I missed all the fun - although it all sounds very good, and exciting in terms of developments.....

Comment

Good stuff, nice to see it at the top of the pile and sooo close to the 911, hopefully next time

Comment

Funny part was on the saturday, the Clio, 3 wheels on my wagon...

They had to stop the session. Damn french stuff lol... It looked fairly quick though in a straight line.

Think I was lapping in MID/late 1min 20's region in a standard VXR.

Purley out of interest, I was wondering what kinda of speeds it was hitting at the end of Revitt. I know a stage 2 VXR was leaving my standard VXR by a good 15-20 car lengths down Revitt, and I was touching 125mph (maybe a bit more, was concentrating ) in the morning whilst using Optimax.

Anyone know?

Hmmmm, Dave, thoughts on stripping D4MO B and turning it into a track car, chrome and everything would need to go "goes off and ponders, yet again what to do with her "

Comment

Originally posted by Daimo

Hmmmm, Dave, thoughts on stripping D4MO B and turning it into a track car, chrome and everything would need to go "goes off and ponders, yet again what to do with her "
                            I know what you mean, tough desicion, just how many toys can you keep hold of - lol

Comment

Results are up on tunergp.co.uk

Sprint did 4.86 0-60 , 13.665 1/4 mile and 1.21.19 lap

Porsche 997 Turbo did 1.18.98 and the mad Elise did 1.14.42!

The K Tec Clio did 0-60 in 4.73 and lapped at 1.24.20. Really quite like that looked a neat conversion 280PS...

Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X