X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry! Stupid Idea!

As the title says!!!
    After being out this morning in the burg the misses had a hair appointed in the next town so dropped me off at bottom of our street, jumped in driver seat n went for her barnet fix! only when she got there she realised i had the had the key in my pocket and was sitting on the couch playing fifa!
    as luck would have it my friend had just dropped his girl off as the same hairdressers so he got the privilage of driving the burg back to my house with the pressure of if you stall it yer buggered! but good news he got it back n stalled it at back dor, n came in with a big cheesy grin wanting to buy it!
    Nurburgring 329/835, Sight n Light, Folding Mirrors

Done pretty much the same myself... dropped the car at the garage, they ran me back to work in it then had to come back as I still had the key in my pocket.. lol
    Auto Inparts.com
    exclusive automotive products
    www.autoinparts.com
    www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
    ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

It does bing bong if the key goes out of range

Astra

Comment

Even with keys, if you take them home and the car is someone else your still going to have to go back to it............
          VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Giving the car to the missus! Stupid idea! <-- Fixed the title for ya

Sorry couldn't resist and don't mean any offence

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
              It does bing bong if the key goes out of range
              Yeah but when a car makes a noise or a light pops up women just turn up the radio and start doing lalala so they can pretend its not there...

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

i've always thought it would make more sense for engine to cut when out of range instead of just beeping, not the best as a security measure

Comment

It's all well and good it cutting out until it cuts out whilst they're heading towards the pavement/pedestrians and then lose power steering and brakes etc.....

Comment

+ even if you have got the keyfob in yur pocket,how many tmes does yur car go "BING BONG" wont start! "BING BONG" wont switch off! doors wont lock! doors wont unlock!.......stooooopid idea,ime an old fashioned "key,stick in ignition,turn key,engine starts" man........
                    ASTRA GTC VXR,ARDEN BLUE....VXR Aero Pack,Premium Forward Lighting Pack,Navi 600,Dark Tinted rear windows,rear parking sensors.......

Comment

Originally posted by KM,S ARCTIC View Post
                      + even if you have got the keyfob in yur pocket,how many tmes does yur car go "BING BONG" wont start! "BING BONG" wont switch off! doors wont lock! doors wont unlock!.......stooooopid idea,ime an old fashioned "key,stick in ignition,turn key,engine starts" man........
                      - plus how many threads have there been from people with keyfob problems. Obviously a minority but there's been plenty of them.
                      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Padlock symbol does flash on the dash and a bleeping noise happens when key fob is out of range of the car...

Most (if not everyone) who has problems with fob is because the battery needed changing...
                        Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Never had any probs with the fob,but have drove off an left the key fob in the house,I started the car then went back inside put fob down then set off without it.Didnt realise untill i got to the mates house.I caught on before i stopped the engine though lol

But i prefer the start/stop button nice little touch imo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KM,S ARCTIC View Post
                            this shouldnt happen EVER unless the batteries are low, if it does then your fob is knackered. mine were like this, had them replaced and its never once done it since and ive noticed it tends to be when the cover isnt tight enough to push against the battery
                            Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                            Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                            Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Working...
                            X