This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoughT myself a vxr

Well hi all, recently bought myself a red astra vxr. Its a 57 plate with 6000 miles on clock so still like brand new

It has a few options on too, got the diamond cut 19's, afl's, cruise control. Really pleased with it so far so comfy and nice to drive. I swapped my corsa d sri 1.6T for it which was regal tuned to 240 bhp. Now i have a few plans for it but at the moment no plans to remap it.... As of yet that is

Ive been searching round on here for few days but cant find what im looking For about the exhaust, im going to buy a remus turbo back system for it, but am worried about putting it on completely standard car.. How do the remus system get on with a standard car they cause any problems ?

Also what is the power difference when remus installed is there a noticable difference in pick up etc with a more free flowing exhaust on and also what does courtenays high flow plenum actually do ??

Thanks

Alex

remus exhaust is fitted standard to nurburgring editions and run fine on standard map

Parts For Sale http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-bits-for-sale

Comment

Remus is standard on the Burgs, and were an optional extra on all Astras' so they do no harm what so ever. Only issue some (including myself) is an emission light coming on becuase its a 100 cell CAT and not a 300 like the normal exhaust system.
      VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Oh right did effect performance in any way ? I read somewhere that they are 200 cell :-/ is there any way to have the light turned of or is itbsomething you just have to live with

Comment

Originally posted by alex_robbo1990 View Post
          Oh right did effect performance in any way ? I read somewhere that they are 200 cell :-/ is there any way to have the light turned of or is itbsomething you just have to live with
          Remus is 100 cell, Piper is 200 cell. Should see ~15-20bhp increase. You can get a mod to keep the light off, or you get a map that widens the parameters.

Comment

just because u put a remus on doesnt mean u will get the emissions light on

Parts For Sale http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-bits-for-sale

Comment

Is the increase just from the exhaust thats quote abit isnt it , or is that with a map for the exhaust too ? Does it feel like it accelerates/ picks up better with remus on ?

Comment

Originally posted by alex_robbo1990 View Post
                Is the increase just from the exhaust thats quote abit isnt it , or is that with a map for the exhaust too ? Does it feel like it accelerates/ picks up better with remus on ?
                Standard exhaust restricts airflow, so ~15-20bhp thats with just the exhaust. I would say that a map + standard exhaust is similar to a standard map + de-restricted exhaust. Exhaust + Map = Stage 2 = ~270-290 depending on the map and whether you believe the tuner.

Comment

Ah cool cant wait, im not in any rush to map it so, just enjoying it at moment, so much better then the corsa

Comment

Can't say anything for the zaust but as for the courts plenum it allows for a better air feed makes a difference but even better if ya do it along with a cdti conversion too all together it's alot better in pickup and moves thru the range alot more fluid also gets rid of the flat spot alot of vixers suffer in 4th

Comment

So worth getting one even if keeping engine standard

Comment

I would say it's worth doing the plenum yes.

Comment

Would the cdti conversion be needed to get rid of flat spot or does the plenum cure this ?

Comment

well some kind person has knocked off or kicked off my passenger wing mirror this morning hwne it was parked up in town whilst having hair cut, cant believe it only has car since monday night and already someone has damaged it, anyone got any ideas what im looking at having to pay for a new one from vauxhall ?

Comment

eBay matey. That's where I got one.

6000 miles on a 57 plate?! Blimey.

Comment

Working...
                              X