This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra coupe idle problem

I have got a astra G with a z20let which has loads of mods but just recently it has been suffering with an idle problem. Once it gets hot when the revs drop they will not drop below 1,500. I have also noted it is running lean not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Think you should list your mods mate, there is a few handy people on here that maybe able to help.

When did the problem start? Did you change anything then started playing up?

Comment

Its got stage 4 Courtenay map.
      80mm AFM
      Iridium spark plugs
      Big end bearings (ACL)
      Main Bearings (ACL)
      Cosworth Forged piston set 86.5mm Steel rod set with ARP Rod Bolts
      Uprated fuel pump
      K&N Air filter
      Intercooler 9ltr
      VXR injectors + rail with fuel pressure regulator
      Uprated coil pack
      VXR Turbo Uprated actuator Custom
      3" Exhaust straight through no cat (Exhausts uk)
      Custom 2.5" Turbo Down Pipe
      Cold running stat
      1.9cdti airbox.
      Think that is about it. The last mod was the air box but it had been doing it before that but has got pressivly worse. I have found that if i reset the O2 learn block it will be ok for a very short while but soon goes back to running fast. Cant get my head around what is causing it

Comment

what part of the uk are you from
        the truth is out there
        part GSI part VXR
        tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Surrey. South London

Comment

Umm sounds like you need a tuner mate, so they can get it on there machines. If its running lean normally ro do with the MAF or the first O2 sensor as there work togeather to adjust fueling. have you run the car on idle with MAF unplugged. As heard it can give bad idle if it naf. May need cleaning.

O2 sensnor. Some scooby boy but extentors on it if its running lean so ecu puts more fuel in. Map should have sorted it. But I bet it be one of the two.
            beefycol
            Santa and Spinach...
            Last edited by beefycol; 2 July 2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I have tried a new MAF and have also put 2 new 02 sensors on it guessing that they mite of been wat was making it run lean but none of them made a difference. Wasn't sure if it mite be the actual ECU Map that mite be causing it to do it??

Comment

If you done that and still like that think best get back to the person who did the map. Be hard to say with out it on a machine.

Comment

I am in east london
                  if your around some time of at billing this weekend i would take a look
                  the truth is out there
                  part GSI part VXR
                  tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Appreciate it mate thanks. I'm going to goodwood tomorrow but might give you a shout at some point if that's ok. Really need to get to the bottom of it and don't wana keep throwing money at it and can't sort it.
                    Is there anything that u can suggest I try, difficult I know trying to diagnose blind.

Comment

Working...
                    X