This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper laqeur

Hi guys, when washing my car yesterday I have noticed the laquer starting to peel on my front bumper, is there any where I can take it to get it sorted or do it myself?

Cheers

Any good bodyshop should be able to fix it.

Comment

Same happend to mine and I got it sorted by vx. 2 dealers wouldnt touch it but customer services got it sorted for me! Dont put your hand in your pocket just yet!

Comment

Is the laquer covered by the warranty. I have noticed a few bits on the side skirts peeling off

Comment

Originally posted by dan.potter View Post
          Is the laquer covered by the warranty. I have noticed a few bits on the side skirts peeling off
          Depends on what caused the damage, any external damage i.e. stone chips you will not be covered.

Not sure if it is covered by 12 months warranty, the same as the paint - so if you are out of this period I guess you will not be covered.

Comment

Yeh it's a 58 plate so well out of the 12 months haha

Comment

i have this on mine also, both front and rear bumper, whats the best way to go about it with vx as im still under warenty.
              Done: Dap-r Springs, Whitline RARB, Black Diffuser And Fog Rings, Arden Bootstrip, Tinted Windows, Led Sidlights And Numberplate Lights

Still To Do : Referb Wheels Anthrisite, Piper Exhaust, CDTI Airbox, ALF's

sigpic

Comment

this is a bugger for happening on the VXR.
                Same happened to mine on my side skirts. cost me £80 for me to get it sorted...
                Might be different for the front bumper....

Comment

Went back to vauxhall dealer today about lacquer problem, they where very good about it actually. Booked in for next week and are doing it free of charge with a courtesy car.

Comment

i also have this problem on my side skirts im gonna get it done end of the month when car goes in bodyshop though because im getting other bits and bobs sorted i had the same problem on the front bumper of my corsa vxr though :S is there something wrong with vauxhalls paint and laquers?

Comment

Working...
                    X