This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech help to wire up Radar detector

Have had the Astra VXR for 8 weeks and want to wire in the Radar detector so that it comes on and off with the ignition. On my previous car (VX220 NA) I used a 2.1mm DC socket and took feed from the ignition switched radio feed, worked well. So I thought I would do same on Astra,just to side of radio on the side 'panel' small hole and get the feed,via a line fuse, off the radio. But could I find a switched feed on the radio. Yes there is a permanent 12 volt supply but no switched supply, (I figured that the radio gets its on/off signal from the data bus). So have I missed something or is there another place I can get easey acsses to a Ignition switched supply . Thanks

There's a permanent, and a switched live at the cigarrette/auxilliary power socket...

one attached to it, the other taped up with it....you just need to peel it back :wink:
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

Thanks, just got to figure out how to get to it!

Comment

You need to prise up the 'D' shaped trim under the handbrake careful not to mark the edges :wink:

Then that gives you access to the 2 Torx T20 screws holding the gearstick surround on...remove them

Then you can get to the ciggy / auxilliary socket

Hope that helps !
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

Yes, 2 fingers down the back of the trim under the handbreak and off it comes, 2 screws and I've got the wire all taped up complete with a spade connector just as you said. Thanks !

Comment

Working...
          X