This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here with a lambda question.

Hello guys, I'm Mike. I bought an Astra VXR a few months ago which i believe the two previous owners are members on here.

I am from suffolk and have been a keen Vaux enthusiast since passing my test. Some of my previous vauxhalls are: Nova 1.2 GSi Replica, Corsa 1.4 Sport, Corsa GSi 1.6 16v, another Corsa GSI which i put a 2.0 Turbo engine in, an Astra Coupe Turbo and Now m VXR.

Am i allowed to post pictures hosted from other sites?

Anyway my EML came on a couple of weeks ago so i thought id buy the '******' Ebay diagnostics.

I'm getting the following codes: P0141-0D 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
    P0136-04 02 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I have read various threads about a lambda sensor spacer. Would this cure my problem or is the sensor faulty? I can get a genuine Bosch Sensor for £75 so im not too fussed if it is.

Also the car is completely standard apart from the Pre-cat has been replaced with a decat. Would this cause the problem im getting?
    Last edited by Mike GSi; 5 July 2011, 12:50 PM.

What's the question? I don't see anything.

Comment

Post was moderated - you guys wouldn't see anything only the staff would, it picked up on one of the spam words that it checks for in Newbie posts, "Ebay" in this case

Astra

Comment

Sorry i was unaware that would happen, am i able to edit my post or has it been moved somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike GSi View Post
          Sorry i was unaware that would happen, am i able to edit my post or has it been moved somewhere else?
          Should be visible now

Astra

Comment

You don't need an O2 spacer for the precat removal. You appear to just have a faulty sensor.

Comment

welcome to vxro mate

Comment

hi and welcome
                Burg 666 stage 3

Comment

Ok thanks guys, i will upload pictures of my car tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
                    You don't need an O2 spacer for the precat removal. You appear to just have a faulty sensor.
                    +1.

I had P0141-0D amongst others and it was a broken wire on the 2nd sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab vxr View Post
                      +1.

I had P0141-0D amongst others and it was a broken wire on the 2nd sensor.
                      I am right in thinking that it is the cat sensor? where abouts is that plugged in? i can easily see where the pre-cat sensor is plugged in but cant find where the cat one is?

Comment

Yes its directly after the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab vxr View Post
                          Yes its directly after the cat.
                          Sorry i was unclear to what i meant. Where abouts does the electrical plug connector plug in?

Comment

it plugs in at the back of the engine. If you get the car on a ramp you can easily trace it back.

Comment

as said it plugs in down the back of the engine you can feel it if you stick your arm down but you will need to get underneath to replace it anyway.

Also cheaper sensor on vauxhall world parts its a genuine part for around £65 the site is down at the moment though
                              2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X