This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headlight??

Does anyone know the best place to get new headlight lenses from? My passenger side one is full of dust and moisture after the cover came off the back

Would rather replace both really as the other has chips and general wear from 37k miles of use so I don't want 1 shiny new one and 1 older 1 as it will look daft.

Basically I have 1 or 2 bits like that to sort to make it immaculate again for selling. So if anybody knows anywere I can get new lights from or has some used ones in decent condition then please let me know

EDIT: They are standard headlights not Xenons.

I believe you will have to purchase a new light cluster as the lens is heated / bonded to the back. People have removed the lens, but this involves heating the unit up and when it comes putting it back together they had issues.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
      I believe you will have to purchase a new light cluster as the lens is heated / bonded to the back. People have removed the lens, but this involves heating the unit up and when it comes putting it back together they had issues.
      Sorry I should have worded it better mate, I mean the complete headlight as you say.

Comment

ebay oor vuaxhalll will be your best bet. if there the halogen ones they are cheap as chips

Comment

ill be interested in this too as mine are also chipped and damaged, also due to 34000 miles of use!!

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

have a loook here:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=...All-Categories

looking at £130 for both lights

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...ht_5495wt_1155

Just found them. Will give it a week or so to see if someone has a spare set of good used ones for 60-70 quid if not i'll buy them.

Comment

why not take cover off again and give them a blast with an airline.....
                ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

Originally posted by jigger View Post
                  why not take cover off again and give them a blast with an airline.....
                  I've tried that, moisture has got in an stuck all the dust down in the corners. I'll have a good go at sorting them when there off the car and sell them on.

Comment

Working...
                  X