This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Silver VXR's out there

I'm currently a classic shape scooby owner and i'm looking for a new car. I had considered buying a new 06 model impreza but the looks are just appauling and so i think its time to give up with them and start with a new breed.

I'm very attracted to the Astra VXR and a bit of web searching has brought one up for £15k.

I'm looking for some pics off silver ones but they seem to be very rare.

Can anyone help

Thanks
    Will

Do a search and ........ hey presto thanks to jame-one ..........http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...ghlight=silver

Comment

thanks, also been looking around astra sri site and found a few there, i think i'll stick with the red.

Is there a difference visually between a car that has AFL and one that doesnt.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by willfal
        thanks, also been looking around astra sri site and found a few there, i think i'll stick with the red.

Is there a difference visually between a car that has AFL and one that doesnt.

Will
        Yep, the AFL lights have the bigger light in the middle of the cluster, i.e. nearest the bonnet. The normal lights have the bigger light on the outside.

Comment

And personally I think the AFL set looks better.....

Comment

I see the difference now. Thanks folks

Anyone test driven an A-VXR with and then without the continious damping control. I assume this is Vauxhalls version of AYC found on Evo's.

Will

Comment

Courtenays recomend that you dont have the IDS as you get a better feel with the std set up. VXRPC aslo do a kit for the std one as some on here fitted it to a IDS car and said its loads better.

AFL is a £750 option.

Comment

The big plus with having IDC+CDC is it gives you control over the suspension. When you press Sport it hardens the suspension reducing roll when cornering, and nose-dip when braking, which I really like.

Different people, different opinions, I think a lot of it depends on whether you have it or not (by which I mean those with it say its great, those without say its not)!

HTH

P69

PS Get the AFL it's worth it, a) it looks much better, and b) the lights are superb (especially when you start the car up at night and they move about to adjust).

Comment

go the Lotus developed passive set up, much better for fast b-road, save the £400 and put it towards the KW varient 3 adjustables later down the line, totally transofrms the handling of the VXR
                  a few now with IDS+ have removed for the KW's
                  we had fitted through Thorney Motorsport.
                  http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/g...toc=1&sort=seq
                  There is also varient 1 & 2 plus a lowering spring kit
                  VPC also do the varient 3's.

Comment

Here is a pic of my silver VXR

Comment

Starting to really like Silver VXR's, very nearly regretting buying red!!

Comment

See previous post....

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1615

Andy H

Comment

Must admit myself they do look better that I thought they did, still glad I bought red as it's my fav colour but can totally understand the charge of the silver brigade

There is a good reason to buy red though, it's the most visible colour in the spectrum and therefore statiscally less likely to be involved in an accident

Comment

Except, Alex, that Red is the colour most likely to have an accident (according to some safety type organisation somewhere anyway!!!!)
                            Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                            Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Fair nough, but you have to equate those stats against the number of red cars on the road. I'm quoting a statement from Traffic Cops program on BBC1. It is swings and roundabouts with stats as they can always be manipulated to show something is better than another, just trying to justify the red in my eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X