This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Pull of no to Pull

Right gettin the car on Friday morning picked my CC stalk up from the parts lads this afternoon and while i was there asked one of the service lads about installation of it...

Now I thought that it would be a case of removing the above and below plastics and then unclipping and reclipping

Now 1 of the lads said " im sure they just pull out if u pull it directly away from where its goes in" now looking at the new part it does seem to make sense

So in the after noon i got a key for a astra on the pitch and hada go at pulling the stalk out... Lo and behold it came straight out no worries at all witha bit of force.. when i went to replace the parts it did fit and in tight but it then came out a lot easier then it did before with a lot less force

Anyone any experience and how did u do yours

If you pull the rubber gaiter out of the plastic housing there is a groove under the indicator stalk (lift the stalk for better access), insert a small allen key or cocktail stick (or something similar) and the indicator stalk will pull out with ease. I hope you aint broken anything !!

Comment

dont worry about that like i say i tried on a car on the pitch adn it was fine just not as much effort needed as before

Comment

Should have got the service dept to fit it then you could have made them pay for the broken column module! If the stalk is wrenched out it often breaks the retaining lug from the module....a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Comment

why would i want them to fit anything new Id rather just come on here and get it right the first time

Comment

Have you fitted the stalk yet on your VXR
            If so does it work "straight out of the box"

Comment

Originally posted by vxr ned
              why would i want them to fit anything new Id rather just come on here and get it right the first time

Good point that man but i have to say i have a VERY VERY VERY good man do all the work on my cars. but i have to do 100 mile round trip to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by smileyriley
                Have you fitted the stalk yet on your VXR
                If so does it work "straight out of the box"
                No It has to be programmed !!
                Fit the stalk yourself then take your VXR to a `Trusted and Competent` Vauxhall Dealer and get them to switch the Cruise Control on. How you pay them is up to you. 1 hour labour Max ....... 1/2 hour labour would be nice ........ Free is best.

Comment

I fitted the stalk in about 5 seconds its that easy....

As you look under the stalk your can see a groove going down into the stalk just slick a VERY small screwdriver down the groove then pull the screwdriver out and pull the stalk out

Then its just a case of Tech 2 to load the Cruise control program onto the ECU ( i think thats the correct way of saying it)

I paid £23.50 for the stalk and £20 for the reprogramming staff rate of course...

Comment

Thanks for the info vxr ned

Comment

Working...
                    X