Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof retrofit or aftermaket service.

Has anyone on here got either a factory option sunroof or had a sunroof retrofit either a GM one or an aftermarket company that provides sunroofs?

If so could you please give an idea on what options are out there and the price.

I have found a couple of companies that do offer a sunroof and the one I would be interested in is one that retracts into the roof/headlining rather than the ones that pop up and out of the car.

I have also seen a video of what looks like a factory option sunroof on an astra hence I would prefer to try and go that route as a retrofit.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Quite a bit of weight to add to the car.
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

why. enjoy the aircon

Comment

Not something I would be too keen on retro fitting.

I would just keep with the air con. Likely to be troublesome, not sure how it would be reflected upon from an insurance perspective too as you will be changing the chassis flex etc.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

cant say ive seen an astra h with a sunroof tbh, but as said i wouldnt really want to be retrofitting one be it genuine parts or aftermarket
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

I've seen Astras with the panoramic roof but not a sun roof lol. Climate control/ac FTW
            VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Thats a aftermarket sunroof and a top slider so it's like the old calibra's. From the door pilars it also looks like a 5 door

Proper inbuilt sunroofs like the ones fitted on factory MK4's at least at 1k+. I'm sure we looked at a MK5 sports hatch and decided a roof can't be fitted to it anyway

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all, maybe a bit more involved than is probably worth the hassle.

Onwards and upwards with ideas then

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

hi mate,
                  i got after market sunroof which is fitted by hsv/holden and it doesnt effect the handling or chassis ,it s a nice cosmetic mod

Comment

Working...
                  X