Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groaning noise when reversing.....any ideas???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groaning noise when reversing.....any ideas???

Hi,

My car's making a groaning noise when i reverse but not all the time and mainly when i turn my steering wheel to the right....anyone experienced the same issues...someone mentioned it could either be something to do with the power steering or brake discs...help please!!!!

Is it a groaning or squeaking? mine squeak when turning at low speeds and am going to try bending the backing plates for the brakes when i get a chance as explained here http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=backing+plate
    seems to have done the trick for quite a few people

Comment

Does it make the same noise when you turn the wheel to full lock at very low speeds? Could just be the normal power steering noise?

Comment

It groans when u half turn it n sumtimes when u just reverse back....it doesn't do it all t time n mainly when I reverse to the right

Comment

Wheel bearing perhaps?

Comment

where does the sound ,,, sound like its coming from ?

Comment

i have also got this problem myn only ever happens when reversing at slow speeds while turning my wheel it sounds as though its coming from the front but i cant be sure

Comment

Sounds like its coming from the back....Ye same here its at slow speeds, I wonder if it is the wheel bearing..it sounds a bit more rattley now too I'm just hoping its not my chassis

Comment

Originally posted by Dmobb77 View Post
                  Sounds like its coming from the back....Ye same here its at slow speeds, I wonder if it is the wheel bearing..it sounds a bit more rattley now too I'm just hoping its not my chassis
                  if its a wheel bearing wouldnt it do it when going forwards aswell? i think its something to do with the brakes to be honest as it only ever happens to me when im pressing the brakes when reversing

Comment

Working...
                  X