Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise from the front right suspension... Advice appreciated.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from the front right suspension... Advice appreciated.

Hi All,

I noticed a few days ago the odd 'donk' if I hit a camber on the road or something to shift the suspension and today it has got progressively worse (happens more often) I have the car booked in at 0800 tomorrow at the vx dealer to find out what it could be and hopefully get it sorted on the warranty but what I am after in advance is some ideas as to what it could be.

I can only think its a spring/suspension part which would be covered under the warranty but the other thing I could think of is the bush has gone in which case its wear and tear and its something I have to pay for (I will try and speak to the dealer I bought it off to cover some expense) but the car feels fine the steering is ok and the ride is not progressively any worse off.

Is there anything more sinister people could think it could be (power steering is fine so don't think its that)?

Also what am I looking at labour and parts costs if its the bush?

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Drop links are common to go on the vxr at about 20,000 miles.
    she's a nice un

19s,cruise control,s2000 aerial,carbon dipped crossover and tophat,s/s cap covers,adjustable rarb,courtenay silicone hoses,forge header tank,Powerflow zorst,3 gauge pillar pod,Smd conversion.

Comment

I thought I would update the post, problem was a hefty chunk of flint trapped in the suspension so VX made a nice half hours labour for that trinket so before ya send it in jack it up and have a look yourself

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

will check that as hav same probs but lost me locking wheel nut so will av ta sort stummit mayb find a 2 post.
        Live Fast..............

Comment

Working...
        X