This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek.

I was looking on ebay Before an seen a milltek cat back system (loud!).

Do they sound nice , is there any reasons not to get one there £415 doesnt seem bad atall, im going to get a stage1 remap and just want something more raspy.
    Will they do pops and bangs even thaw its not Turbo back ?

Cheers James...
    Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold 9/2014
    Now Revo stage 4+ forged Mk2 Focus RS

Ive got the same system, cat-back non-resonated (loud). If you want it LOUD then this isn't the system for you. However if you want a nice sound, that isn't intrusive, is louder only when you want it to be i.e when you get your toe down, then its great. I get the odd pop & bang when its cold if you lift off the throttle just at the right time, but very rarely. More pops & bangs are found when you fit a pre-cat replacement pipe. Couple this with the Miltek & im sure it'll be just what you're after.

As for fitting its excellent, took a few days of warm up/down & small addjustments to get it just right but it has settled perfectly. The hanger that bolts to the rear crossmember supports the tailpipe section, this needs to be loosened & dropped down so that the pipe doesn't touch the bumper.
    LGB
    VXRacing ahead
    Last edited by LGB; 14 July 2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

cheers mate just what i wanted to hear, not loud all the time thats good , think ill order 1 tonight. Can you get a replacement precat pipe afterwords? cheers
      Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold 9/2014
      Now Revo stage 4+ forged Mk2 Focus RS

Comment

Yeah you can buy one afterwards. They mate with the standard cat so any cat-back system wont affect it.

Comment

Pm crazyjames, he had one for sale the other day.

Comment

I've been looking at these too, but for £800 I could get a full Scorpion non res system. Not sure what to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Karrrl View Post
              I've been looking at these too, but for £800 I could get a full Scorpion non res system. Not sure what to do!
              Thats double the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Karrrl View Post
                Wait and get a turbo back system Karl. Cat back is for noise only really.

Comment

Working...
                X