This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra vxr v's focus RS

Just seen in the back of this months redline mag that in there next issue there kicking off there Ford V's vauxhall campaign starting with astra vxr V's focus RS .

Anyone know anything about it, wonder which comes out on top should be interesting read if its a fair review and both cars are modded as standard it will be one sided I m sure

Time will tell I suppose.
    Last edited by GT-VXR; 16 July 2011, 03:26 PM.

popcorn anyone

Comment

If it's mark 1 rs against the vxr , the vxr will come out on top but if it's mark 2 rs it's a bit of a unfair comparison as the rs has 60bhp to start with , it would have to be stage 3 verses standard to be a fair test IMO and my stage 3 is quicker then my Mates standard mark 2 rs by a fair bit
      stage 2 stealth astra ''STOLEN''' RIP , Hello stage 3 stealth astra with a touch of asbo orange VXR asleep for the winter new ride ........... push bike

sigpic

Comment

Oh ere we go again

Comment

Very unfair test,both totally different "class" of car,VXR v ST,yes,both made to,compete,so to speak,in the same market.....Focus RS,lets be honest,is on a different level than the current Astra VXR.........
          ASTRA GTC VXR,ARDEN BLUE....VXR Aero Pack,Premium Forward Lighting Pack,Navi 600,Dark Tinted rear windows,rear parking sensors.......

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
            popcorn anyone
            Make mine salt popcorn
            Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

We ll just have to wait and see what the mag says lol but I think the only real fair test would be to have 2 tuned cars making around the same kind of power , then they wouldn't have to worry about that just how its delivered and then concentrate on the handling ,braking and looks etc

Comment

When's the mag on sale be interesting to read.

Comment

Comment

i reckon a citroen ax would win lol,nah joking.
                    Live Fast..............

Comment

Standard rs is only around 285 bhp with old factory map on them,they upgraded to a cj map which is 305.
                      sigpic
                      CDTI Air Box, REMUS Exhaust,Regal Stage 2 intercooler, Dbilas cast manifold with Hybrid Dbilas GT28 turbo, Dbilas air intake scoop,EVO-MS Recirc Valve
                      Regal / EDS inlet manifold and top hat with thermal gasket,630cc injectors with fuel pressure regulator and uprated high flow fuel pump
                      Regal inlet cam with uprated springs and platforms,16 bar mocal oil cooler 360-380bhp

Comment

as soon as i saw the title of this thread i said 'oh dear' out loud, lol. No disrespect to the op as it turned out not to be the regular vxr vs rs thread, lol.

Comment

Lol no disrespect taken was just saying what's in the back of this months redline although not sure on why/the point in the dead horses and popcorn , obviously the magazine must of thought there was something to be had from the article to be worth printing surely ?

Comment

Originally posted by GT-VXR View Post
                            Lol no disrespect taken was just saying what's in the back of this months redline although not sure on why/the point in the dead horses and popcorn , obviously the magazine must of thought there was something to be had from the article to be worth printing surely ?
                            Nothing wrong with the thread other than it has been completely killed on here many times,the mag will point to the rs as the better car as its a more modern media darling and the astra has had its day in terms of modern hot hatches, technology wise .
                            maybe better if they hang fire and do the test vs the gtc vxr as then they will be comparible weight and power wise imo.
                            Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Novus View Post
                              Nothing wrong with the thread other than it has been completely killed on here many times,the mag will point to the rs as the better car as its a more modern media darling and the astra has had its day in terms of modern hot hatches, technology wise .
                              maybe better if they hang fire and do the test vs the gtc vxr as then they will be comparible weight and power wise imo.
                              +1

the vxr is coming upto 7 years old , although as i`ve said before for anyone comparing the vxr against the RS well credit goes to vxr ,

Comment

Working...
                              X