This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSANE VXR

Got my Bright Red beauty two weeks ago an i still cant stop myself from laughing like a madwoman when i put my foot down!! Does this ever go away!!

If it does - you've got used to it = remap !
    tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
    The truth is out there ...

Comment

picked mine up today from a dealer with 2300 miles on it on an 06 plate and saved myself £3000 off list, f$ckin made up.

Comment

Had mine for nearly 6 weeks, still laughing each and every time.

Comment

Picked mine up saturday morning and can't get used to people staring at us in it yet!

Drives like a dream!!
          Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
          Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

well i had mine over 3 months and my grin hasnt stopped yet lol x

Comment

my grin started 2 days ago when i got a phone call saying it was being delivered to me next friday the 15th had 5 wet dreams and the grin is making my face ache never wanted something so much he he
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Drive to work with a smile everyday in my 06 VXR.

Three good things ...

1. Put your foot down and feel the power through the steering wheel.
                2. Switch on Sports Mode when road is empty and you want to feel scared
                3. Let the focus / Peugeot / Saxo boys get up close, accelerate away, then let them catch up and crawl along at 30mph to really pi$$ them off :-)

Ian
                --

Comment

Or be even more annoying by not rising to the silly challenge and just cruise, stare at your hand as they try to go flying by and revel in the fact that you could've toasted them if you really wanted to.

Plus you can also enjoy the thought that they may go onto a Ford/Peugeot/Citreon website and claim they toasted a VXR and then be ridiculed by the forum for thinking something so silly (i.e. like the corsa guy who claimed to have wupped a scooby - see corsa threads).

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                    Or be even more annoying by not rising to the silly challenge and just cruise, stare at your hand as they try to go flying by and revel in the fact that you could've toasted them if you really wanted to.

Plus you can also enjoy the thought that they may go onto a Ford/Peugeot/Citreon website and claim they toasted a VXR and then be ridiculed by the forum for thinking something so silly (i.e. like the corsa guy who claimed to have wupped a scooby - see corsa threads).
                    I once knew of a Nova that would i think it was Green and it might have been on TV but not too sure may be A11VXL could shed some light on to this.

Comment

Would try and boast or could toast?

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                        Originally posted by AlexFi

I once knew of a Nova that would i think it was Green and it might have been on TV but not too sure may be A11VXL could shed some light on to this.

Yes Alex that was mine A 16V TB was the registration number it was on top gear and channel 4 ride on. We built the car back in 1993. It did 0-60 in 5.3 and went around the bowl at Millbrook a 146.7 MPH with wheel scrub allowance that was equivalent to over 150 mph in its day it was truly mad and completely rewrote the laws of torque steer !! That was back then and there are now some running at 300 bhp +
                        Stephan Klasen our mapping guru had one at an insane 450bhp!!! You can check out him taking care of Ferrari 360 on the 1/4....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNjGW0CXvU

Moral of this is beware Corsa's and Nova's with 20 16V turbo engines!!
                        sigpic
                        29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

thanks jon i knew it was yours but it was to prove a point that a Corsa could do a Scooby.

Comment

yeah, my cousin had a nova 2.0 16v turbo with 309 bhp and it was absolutely mental, i have been in some fast cars but nothing felt as quick as that.

One of the best ways to spend 3-4k.

IMO
                            Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

new vxr

had my new toy just over two weeks now and wow how did i ever live with my 1.8 astra sri. just love the vxr power even my girl friend who hates cars loves it and cant get enough of the turbo power never thought i would see the day thank you vauxhall for the car and converting my car hating girlfriend

Comment

Working...
                              X