This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

iam new to astra vxr so need your help just fitted a miltek turbo back system no other mods yet but got a big flat spot in mid range wot else do i need to do chers

It's common to get a flat spot with a standard map a remap will sort it out
    stage 2 stealth astra ''STOLEN''' RIP , Hello stage 3 stealth astra with a touch of asbo orange VXR asleep for the winter new ride ........... push bike

sigpic

Comment

4 th gear, about 4200 rpm?
      Is it a flat spot or does the engine just feel 'flat' above a certain point in the rev range?

Comment

Standard map does have a flat spot - lessened somewhat by fitting an exhaust and from my experience further still by fitting a CDTI kit and tophat

Astra

Comment

cheers its a big flat spot with a couple of backfires feels like 2 much fuel but sounds ace is a cdi air box the best way to go then a dyno setup

Comment

Originally posted by wild j View Post
            cheers its a big flat spot with a couple of backfires feels like 2 much fuel but sounds ace is a cdi air box the best way to go then a dyno setup
            Slightly more than a flat spot with a couple of backfires, sounds like something wrong in the ignition department i.e. plugs or coilpack.

Any fault codes showing?
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

no fault codes showing just had servive plugs etc it pops and bangs clears up then goes like hell not that ive been speeding lol

Comment

Are you letting it warm up properly before giving it a run under wide open throttle?

Comment

yeh it was warm mate it seems worse wen using sport mode thats why i thought it was fuel

Comment

Definitely shouldn't be popping and banging as you accelerate under load, I would see about getting a tech2 onto it and monitor the ignition logs / throttle position. What plugs were fitted, were they gapped correctly and torqued up properly?

Comment

Like said sounds like plugs. How many miles they done? I change mine every 10K (every year) there normally cooked.

Comment

was done at main dealer so i hope so mate will go check wot do you all do about brakes iam due some new disc and pads so would like to fit wot works instead of wasting cash onbig named gear that doesnt work

Comment

stick To standard setup, maybe some 5.1 brake fluid and brake ducts. Unless you can afford the big brake kits.

Comment

cheers guys off out to play with it

Comment

Working...
                            X