This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdti airbox issue

Just fitted my cdti airbox (tx autosport) and i've come across 2 little problems. First is the new pipe work goes straight over top of the dipstick and the other problem is the new pipe work is rubbing against the aircon pipe.
    Does anybody know how i can overcome these little issues. I dont really want to just cable tie the aircon pipe away, wont look to nice.
    Any help would be appreciated. Cheers all
    Astra VXR Nurburgring #063

Depends on your aircon pipe really, mine was a lot higher than most apparently so it can touch, I've tied it.
    Although you are above the dipstick you should still have no problem checking your oil it will come out ok

Astra

Comment

Mine used to rub the aircon pipe but I had the pipe from the airbox quite far down the turbo so I lifted this a little and now have clearance but also plenty of the piper over the turbo as well if this makes sense
      sigpic
      Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
      Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

The cdti hose will be against the aircon pipe will not harm anything tho.
        As for the dipstick you need to lift the hose up a tad
        sigpic

Comment

a quick solution for the pipework rubbing would be to get a couple of small stick on felt patches or a little bit of felt tape,and stick just enough on both pipes so the felt rubs on each other.might not be as noticeable if u use a tiny bit.im gonna try this as mine are touching.hope that helps dude
          Pace front mount intercooler - Regal CDTI conversion - Remus turbo back - Corsa VXR side repeater covers - New style griffin - Irridium plugs - Insignia washer jets - Heko wind deflecters

Comment

cheers all. i'll try lifting the hose up a little bit, might cure both problems. definately sounds better now though, love hearing the turbo and it pops and bangs more. next stop i think will be the courtney tophat and hoses. then save up for a 3inch turbo pack exhaust.
            Astra VXR Nurburgring #063

Comment

Dude from the turbo mouth lift the pipe up, problem 1 and two sorted
              Boosting Right Past You!

Comment

Well nothing left to say as it's all in the above.... Hope it's sorted...

Comment

Originally posted by wooders88 View Post
                  Just fitted my cdti airbox (tx autosport) and i've come across 2 little problems. First is the new pipe work goes straight over top of the dipstick and the other problem is the new pipe work is rubbing against the aircon pipe.
                  Does anybody know how i can overcome these little issues. I dont really want to just cable tie the aircon pipe away, wont look to nice.
                  Any help would be appreciated. Cheers all

As Ian has already pointed out - it is still possible to check your Oil just.... however with regards the AC pipe - if its touching, you will need to do something as it will eventually rub a HOLE in the pipe.

BTW, have you de-restricted the TX kit and replaced the fury filter ???
                  sigpic

Comment

what do you mean by de-restricting the TX kit i jsut bought one, and bought a cdti, courtney filter, and i find no where as good as the standard intake, i have a burg, with remus, FMIC, and just seems to pull alot harder with the standard airbox, any ideas?
                    Nurburgring Edition No. 646 Scuderia Red Wheels Regal Stage 3 310BHP/356FT Tourque

Comment

Originally posted by ben ben View Post
                      what do you mean by de-restricting the TX kit i jsut bought one, and bought a cdti, courtney filter, and i find no where as good as the standard intake, i have a burg, with remus, FMIC, and just seems to pull alot harder with the standard airbox, any ideas?
                      Its all been documented on this site loads of times and if TX are still supplying a std GM 1.9 cdti airbox - it isnt de-restricted !

To do this you take the lid off and saw off the pipe inside, then enlarge the exit to accept the MAF properly - smokinVXR has done a great thread on this - the search buttton will be your friend here...

hth
                      sigpic

Comment

The search button is your friend here;

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=de-restrict

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...e-kit-for-sale
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X