X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tx fmic ?

hi there

looking for a FMIC for my VXR and was reading through my TV mag and came across the add for TXautosport.(page 109)

notice they have the FMIC kit for only £349 ? this seems very cheap
    anyone used this kit before?
    thoughts on the kit ?

thanks
    T12KY

Loads of people have them mate, you'll find mixed reviews. Some have had great experiences and good gains but others have had fitment issues. It's really down to you're budget and what you're looking for. I'd get one but not sure what use that will be to ya
    sigpic
    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Comment

thanks for reply.being honest i was expecting to be spendign around £400 - £600 on a FMIC then seen the add and thought whats the catch...yous know there is always one

Comment

I suppose haha, if you're handy enough and are only going to use the VXR as daily driver/fast road car I'd go with it and put the left over cash towards some other mods. You always have the option of buying a second hand Forge, Courtenay or Regal cooler for the prices you've quoted
        sigpic

Comment

yeah thats very true but to be honest would rather pay the extra for a better quality kit and gain better BHP figures etc, then save few more weeks for the other mods.

Comment

Originally posted by T12KY View Post
            thanks for reply.being honest i was expecting to be spendign around £400 - £600 on a FMIC then seen the add and thought whats the catch...yous know there is always one
            i think someone should arrange a group buy with forge as ive noticed a few members on here looking for coolers me being 1 of them

Comment

Originally posted by anders310bhp View Post
              i think someone should arrange a group buy with forge as ive noticed a few members on here looking for coolers me being 1 of them
              Get on the phone to them tomorrow mate and see what you can do
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ice VXR View Post
                Get on the phone to them tomorrow mate and see what you can do
                ive just done the upgraded PRO ALLOY rad group buy so i think its someone elses turn but i have just messaged forge that did the last group buy on here , so see what happens

Comment

sounds like a good idea like,much are the forge kits including pipe work etc ?

Comment

I think they're about £800
                    sigpic

Comment

the last group buy on here i think was for 10 or more and the cost was £690 inc VAT and delivery to mainland UK

Comment

theres been a couple of threads recently regarding fitment issues with the tx cooler, one problem being if you have headlamp washers it doesnt fit with the larger washer bottle that comes with the washers anda few people had issues with the fittings catching on the bumper
                        2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

hey guys would be very very interested in a forge fmic if you do go ahead with the group buy!!? how many names do you need like?

P

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                            theres been a couple of threads recently regarding fitment issues with the tx cooler, one problem being if you have headlamp washers it doesnt fit with the larger washer bottle that comes with the washers anda few people had issues with the fittings catching on the bumper
                            don't forget that theres also been a good number of people that have had issues with the forge coolers.........

Comment

Originally posted by slim-shany View Post
                              don't forget that theres also been a good number of people that have had issues with the forge coolers.........
                              This is also true and in some cases they still didn't get it right after 2 replacements however they do offer a great service in replacing them if faulty!! I'd say no matter who makes an item there will always be one of 2 issues. TXA's stuff always gets ripped to shreds on here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X