This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalk removal!!!

Tryin to fit my cruise control stalk, on how to it says to remove the old one push a clip in to release the stalk, then it pulls out, can't see a clip for love nor money, it all seems buried too far into steering column, pics would be nice. Help! ..... before i end up putting my fist through my dash
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I had the same problem. I found it easier to remove the plastic part of the dash that has the leather bit at the back.

Turn the wheel to 90deg and you'll see a screw. Remove it, then turn the wheel 180 the other way to remove the second. Now the top of the plastic housing where the stalks go into should lift away, but don't pull it too hard or far as the leather is attached to it and also the dash.

You will be able to see better. If you look at the bottom of the stalk, there is a channel or a groove. wedge in a strong paperclip or 1mm screw driver and you'll hear a click. Then just pull away the stalk.

Hope this this helps.

Comment

I use a large paper clip- opened out. Peel the stalk rubber up from the bottom and under the stalk there is a groove that runs towards the CIM. Push the paper clip in as you pull the stalk out, very easy.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Cheers, done it. Right ....... its been programmed so either it doesn't work, or I'm not doing it right. Anyone give an explanation as to how it works? And what's all this I hear about having to press brake pedal first?

Comment

Adam,

Start the car put your foot on the brake a couple of times put it in gear get moving change into 2nd or above and then hit the front TOP button this will make a green light come on in the right hand gauge down the bottom to cancel the CC put foot on brake or clutch and the light will go out hit the front BOTTOM button to resume last known speed. To turn the whole lot off and reset the speed hit the back button once and there you have it.

Russ

The Red Baron Progress Thread

Comment

Cheers russ. So if the green light doesn't come on thats a sign it needs programming again?

Comment

Who done it
              sigpic
              CDTI Air Box, REMUS Exhaust,Regal Stage 2 intercooler, Dbilas cast manifold with Hybrid Dbilas GT28 turbo, Dbilas air intake scoop,EVO-MS Recirc Valve
              Regal / EDS inlet manifold and top hat with thermal gasket,630cc injectors with fuel pressure regulator and uprated high flow fuel pump
              Regal inlet cam with uprated springs and platforms,16 bar mocal oil cooler 360-380bhp

Comment

Originally posted by ms-vxr57 View Post
                Who done it
                Haha, cheers bud

Comment

when i watched the guy fit mines, he didnt mess about, just grabbed the old stalk and basically ripped out in seconds
                  Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                    Cheers russ. So if the green light doesn't come on thats a sign it needs programming again?
                    Not entirely true. It will work if the CIM and engine ECU are programmed even if the IPC-ECU isn't as all this does is pop the tell tale on.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by vx220z22se View Post
                      Not entirely true. It will work if the CIM and engine ECU are programmed even if the IPC-ECU isn't as all this does is pop the tell tale on.
                      ah, oh well, it doesn't work aswell, so gonna have another go at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X