This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 2 to stage 3 much difference?

Was just wondering how much better car pulls n runs at stage3 compared to stage2 thanks

i think its a massive difference mate. I wasnt expecting too much from it but after i had my intercooler fitted i was shocked!! It just pulls so hard through all the gears!! go for it if your thinking about it
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

For me there wasn't a huge uplift in power, this is was just another 12-15bhp at peak. But its the torque throughou tthe re range that makes the car now super driveable.

This might sound made but its almost diesel-esque in that it seems to pull from right low down, with virtual no turbo lag.

Comment

Ye im thinking bout doing it. Wat coolers u both running?

Comment

Im thinking about going to stage 3 with cooler and inlet cam. Will I loose that 2k Pull I have at the mo?

Also does it pull harder from higher up the rev range?

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
            i think its a massive difference mate. I wasnt expecting too much from it but after i had my intercooler fitted i was shocked!! It just pulls so hard through all the gears!! go for it if your thinking about it
            how much of the difference was the cooler on its own

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
              how much of the difference was the cooler on its own
              intreasting question going s3 next week might get tuner to rr b4 software upgrade just to c the differance cooler makes
              305 bhp 310 pound of t / courtney tophat / courtney powerpipe/ courtney intercooler/ courtney cdti / forge recic valve / oil restricter bolt / ai unichip / k sport 8 pods /quaffie lsd /eibacs prokit/whiteline rarb / alpine head unit ,amp, /courts accuator /anchirite 19,s

Comment

Won't work as it will take a few miles to adjust the ecu but good thought

Comment

i fitted a cooler and i dont think its made much difference. but then again im standard map. i wna go straight stage 3 when my new gearbox is in. that should be fun
                  Remus Cat Back down pipe, Dap Rs. 13.8 on 1/4 mile 259.7 bhp on the rollers STANDARD MAP!!!

Comment

cooler is already fitted only going up 4 a software upgrade, intreasting point about ecu taking time to bed in when i picked up cat the other day after fitting cooler and cdti did notreally notise differance car was lumpy and flat spotty but after about 40 mile car settlrd down anp pullls well
                    305 bhp 310 pound of t / courtney tophat / courtney powerpipe/ courtney intercooler/ courtney cdti / forge recic valve / oil restricter bolt / ai unichip / k sport 8 pods /quaffie lsd /eibacs prokit/whiteline rarb / alpine head unit ,amp, /courts accuator /anchirite 19,s

Comment

yous are lucky im not even stage 2 lol
                      cant decide wether to go custom mapped or the likes of dreamscience etc im in northern ireland so no regal or courtney etc
                      arden blue vxr

Comment

Originally posted by euge07 View Post
                        cant decide wether to go custom mapped or the likes of dreamscience etc im in northern ireland so no regal or courtney etc
                        think i would always go custom mapping getting fueling etc right, know a few guys over here have had problems with mainland handheld maps if i had problems i would rather taik to someone face to face as opposed to over phone speak to the tuners over here see how they sell themselves the top 3 are all pretty much the same.

Comment

Inlet cam will loose your responsiveness below 2k but huge increase from 3k onwards.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I know some Northern Ireland owners struggle to get fuel better then 97RON alot of hand helds are designed just for 99RON. Speak to the tuners about this inspecific whether they can cater for 97RON.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by euge07 View Post
                              get a bluefin thats what iv got and its bleeping great

Comment

Working...
                              X