Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this the whole system remus to go straight on my car? and is it a good price?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this the whole system remus to go straight on my car? and is it a good price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astra-Vxr-...#ht_500wt_1156

Thats just from the cat back.. (not including the cat) It would cost near 900 quid if it was a full system i think..

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_nuts159 View Post
      Thats just from the cat back.. (not including the cat) It would cost near 900 quid if it was a full system i think..
      would it still have the pops and the bangs?not the best with exhausts lol

Comment

Originally posted by s 2 View Post
        would it still have the pops and the bangs?not the best with exhausts lol
        Now i'm led to believe it wont because the pops and bangs come from the pre cat pipe, or somewhere before the cat. Also, i thought the remus was 3 inch in diameter... Someone please feel free to correct me if im wrong

Comment

yes it would as the nurburg does from std

Comment

as said that doesnt include the sports cat and looks like its just the remus backbox which has been mated to a 2.5" centre section to fit to standard cat.

Not sure how it would sound as the full system has a 100 cell cat and no precat to contribute to the pops/bangs

also the remus isnt 3"
            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

That's just a cat back system that won't bolt straight on to your standard system without welding. A cat back system will also not produce pops and bangs. It will increase the noise and you might get the odd little crackle but not like a turbo back system. The Astra as standard has 2 restrictive cats, a pre-cat & a main cat. The full Remus & other turbo back systems have no pre-cat and a less restrictive sports cat and this is what causes the pops and bangs.

We are the cheapest in the UK for the full Remus system at £960 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                as said that doesnt include the sports cat and looks like its just the remus backbox which has been mated to a 2.5" centre section to fit to standard cat.

Not sure how it would sound as the full system has a 100 cell cat and no precat to contribute to the pops/bangs

also the remus isnt 3"
                Actually having looked again that is not a Remus centre section, the Remus mid pipes we have in stock are a LOT fatter than that! At £330 that is a bit of a rip off!

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                  Actually having looked again that is not a Remus centre section, the Remus mid pipes we have in stock are a LOT fatter than that! At £330 that is a bit of a rip off!
                  i have to agree its not worth that much although the seller has stated it looks and sounds like the real thing so people will bid
                  2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Working...
                  X