This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help o n de-badging!

tried to de badge the motor last week but failed miserably! didnt have the patience! any tips guys!? used a hair dryer but seemed to be taking quite a while?
    RedAstra, Tints, 19's, Regal stage 2 301bhp..342 ft lbs, 3" Full Milltek Race , Regal 1.9CDTI Kit, cool running thermostat, denso plugs, oil restrictor bolt, EDS tophat & hose, Heko wind deflectors, de-badged..carbon wrapped roof, rear boot srip and wing mirrors.

Hot setting, driving license to pry it off and then polish the area after getting all the glue off lol I've done it to all my cars that way

Comment

use some hot water and then a hair dryer
      the truth is out there
      part GSI part VXR
      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by muz1990 View Post
        Hot setting, driving license to pry it off and then polish the area after getting all the glue off lol I've done it to all my cars that way

Comment

i did one of my company cars with the steam cleaner when i was cleaning the engine off the elite on the doors went flying off
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

dental floss worked a charm for me !! .. just a cut a piece and put it behind the badge and work down pulling side to side !! .. easy !!
            sigpic
            www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
            the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
              dental floss worked a charm for me !! .. just a cut a piece and put it behind the badge and work down pulling side to side !! .. easy !!
              Awsome idea, i like that!

Comment

and if there is any black sticky tape stuff left .. bug and tar remover works a charm .. then give it a couple of coats of a wax or polish of ur choice !!
                sigpic
                www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

boil kettle, pour over badge, use credit card to push under badge, tar remover to remove remaing glue, and a bit of polish, done!

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

hairdryer,warm up,pull it off....job done!!
                    ASTRA GTC VXR,ARDEN BLUE....VXR Aero Pack,Premium Forward Lighting Pack,Navi 600,Dark Tinted rear windows,rear parking sensors.......

Comment

I used a heat gun.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
                        yeah the dental floss seems to be the favourite! so il give that a try! chees fatboy! lol
                        RedAstra, Tints, 19's, Regal stage 2 301bhp..342 ft lbs, 3" Full Milltek Race , Regal 1.9CDTI Kit, cool running thermostat, denso plugs, oil restrictor bolt, EDS tophat & hose, Heko wind deflectors, de-badged..carbon wrapped roof, rear boot srip and wing mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by KM,S ARCTIC View Post
                          hairdryer,warm up,pull it off....job done!!
                          tried the hairdryer, conked out on me half way through! lol

Comment

Originally posted by watoo vxr View Post
                            nice one bro! more persuaded on the dental floss! lool sounds abit easier lol sweet tho

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
                              i did one of my company cars with the steam cleaner when i was cleaning the engine off the elite on the doors went flying off
                              LOL if i had one mate id def use one!

Comment

Working...
                              X