Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting my springs in an hour, anyone got any questions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting my springs in an hour, anyone got any questions?

Putting on eibach sportlines in an hour. Just waiting for my mate (who is conveniently a mechanic) to finish work. Anyone want me to look for anything specific? Bolt sizes, tricky bits, what's seized and what's not etc? Guess most have already been answered but if you want to know anything let me know (be quick though)

dont rush it lol

Parts For Sale http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-bits-for-sale

Comment

Yeah. Don't worry. Missus is taking the kids out so I have all afternoon. Do you reckon I should fill up the little cup (the bit that's covered by the cap that has the top strut nut under it) with wd40 now so it gets a 30 minute soak?

Comment

Originally posted by VXRick1987 View Post
        Yeah. Don't worry. Missus is taking the kids out so I have all afternoon. Do you reckon I should fill up the little cup (the bit that's covered by the cap that has the top strut nut under it) with wd40 now so it gets a 30 minute soak?
        Yes. Getting the top of the strut off is by far and away the most difficult task when fitting springs to an Astra. Especially if you don't have the right tools but your mate will if he is a mechanic.

Comment

undo the nut on top of the strut first before you jack the car up and take the wheel off.. reason for it is the weight of the car stops the piston of the shock spinning.

an air gun helps aswel.
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

All done. He blagged the workshop so had an airline and full set of snap on tools, aswell as being able to lift up the car. doesn't look that much lower as a first impression but handles so much better. Less body roll and digs in round corners. Feels the same as before when pushed so no surprises like the back letting go or anything, but what would loose grip at 40 now still digs in at 50. Not too bumpy either. Based on the first 20 minutes I'd recommend sportlines to anyone. The pro kit must be awsome as these are a big improvement

Comment

mate the sportlines drop it more than the pro kit, the pro kit gives a level drop as where the sportlines drop the front more and they are firmer than the pro kit. need pictures now
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

get some pics up

Comment

Yeah, sportlines drop more but pro handles better if I understand correctly. The handling is so much better than before with sportlines on, must be like a different car with pros. Unless tgere isn't that much difference between the two? Either way I'm not too fussed, please with what I've got. Now I need to go and get the man a beer. All I did was move the front wheels to one side sobthey were out of the way bhr did everything else for me! Legend. Well worth buying him a pint!

Comment

I'tll come down some more over the next few days once settled,

Comment

Yeah I have had mine on for 3 years. They are harsher than standard but I like it that way. We are in talks with Eibach at the moment to sell these so fingers crossed they should be on the site soon

Comment

Before...

And after...

Comment

Looks spot on .

Alan

Comment

Yeah, looks better. Hoping it'll drop a little more. Can't help thinking a set of 19" bbs ch's would fill the arches better!

Comment

Yeah do it there my fave wheels will change the look of the car so much think there is a set on here for sale m8

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X