This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust wrap

Finially iv got down to it and put my exhaust wrap on my car. It took around 2hrs and I had to take my 3" scorpion turbo down pipe off but it's well worth doing to keep the heat out of the engine bay.

Before

After
    eddie500_1
    VXR enough
    Last edited by eddie500_1; 23 July 2011, 02:38 PM.
    sigpic3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

all well and good until you need to seperate it. kkeep an eye on the cat, mine went not so long ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      all well and good until you need to separate it. kkeep an eye on the cat, mine went not so long ago
      Separate it ? The bit he has wrapped is all one piece is it not .

Comment

Enjoy the smoke!! lol

Comment

Its a good idea as radiant heat from the front pipe going under the car is a huge cause of heat soak to all surrounding parts , and inlet mani etc . . .

Smokes a little at first but of course it will.

Good idea all in all mate well done .

Comment

worthwhile doing if you use decent wrap not ebay stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
              worthwhile doing if you use decent wrap not ebay stuff....
              So your saying no good wrap can be brought from ebay . . . . . . . ?

Have you tested the "ebay" stuff against some of the big names dEI etc ?

What were your temperature reading after testing ?

Arron

Comment

If my cat went I would need to replace the hole pipe anyway so no harm done and as I do about 2000miles a year I doubt it will e any time soon unless I'm really unlucky. As for the eBay comint I would also like to know how ur testing came along?
                sigpic3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

Comment

Lol Gary-2lt, ya was abit surprised with the amount of entail smoke when I pulled into the petrol station, but I think iv burnt it all out now lol

Comment

hi mate how much heat wrap did you buy to do this?
                    Regal dare devil AST's, Nortech manifold Garret GTX28 turbo.
                    RSS Corsa
                    BBC#29

Comment

20m mate depends how fare u wanna go. I went from turbo down to the other end of my high flow.performance cat. I done it dry but i hear u can wet it first that makes it easier, the only advice id give is wear long sleves and gloves cos it does itch

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

ok thanks for advice
                        im looking at doing as much as you did

should i wet it first then or do it dry
                        RSS Corsa
                        BBC#29

Comment

We i done it dry the guy i got it from gave me some ties that are mad for exhaust wraps. But u can do it without just make sure u pull it tight when ur putting it on. I think the idea of wetting it is to keep the fibres down out of the air and when it drys it helps pull it tight. But once uv had the car running a while and it burns off the extra chemicals the wrap tightens under the heat anyway, so that would be upto u

Comment

ok thanks for your help
                            RSS Corsa
                            BBC#29

Comment

Thts cools mate when u thinking of doing it

Comment

Working...
                              X