This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I have set fire to my Astra

Am currently waiting for the AA man to come and have a look. After driving the car this morning there was a pop from the back of the car, followed by some smoke from the front and a nice burning smell (like a clutch).

What do you think I have done.

it prob just backfired or popped a flame out the exhaust thats all all good

Comment

Well the AA man couldnt find anything so off I went.

Comment

so then you hit a curb or something lol guess your not having a very good day lol

Comment

Oh well, I have ordered 2 new Pilot Sports for Monday. I will let Vauxhall decide what needs to be done with the wheels.

The good news was that although I thought it was about to need new front tyres they still had 5mm left on them. This was after 9K miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_vxr
            so then you hit a curb or something lol guess your not having a very good day lol

dont talk about hitting kerbs girlfriend phoned me up today not a happy chap car is only 5 months old she had hit a kerb and damaged the passengers side front alloy after having the car 3 days then to top that she hit yet another kerb today and damaged the drivers side front alloy&tyre i mean it's not like you can't see the kerbs damm that woman me thinks it's time to get her some glasses

Comment

or Wheel Trims!!!

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes

dont talk about hitting kerbs girlfriend phoned me up today not a happy chap car is only 5 months old she had hit a kerb and damaged the passengers side front alloy after having the car 3 days then to top that she hit yet another kerb today and damaged the drivers side front alloy&tyre i mean it's not like you can't see the kerbs damm that woman me thinks it's time to get her some glasses

It's odd but the VXR's are the only cars that I have damaged the alloys on. Its not as though I havent had 19" wheels before.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                  Originally posted by michael parkes

It's odd but the VXR's are the only cars that I have damaged the alloys on. Its not as though I havent had 19" wheels before.
                  i am the same it's only her that seems able to do it ????????

Comment

get her a push bike lol
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Don`t say too much to her though, if she`s anything like my wife she will refuse to drive it !! I have laid so many warnings on her about the wheels, but to be fair I have potholed 1 and kerbed 1 and she hasn`t so it must work , though when I got ashore this time there is a scuff on the underside of the spoiler ?? Must be lower than I thought, she denies all knowledge, and If I push it I will be in well I ain`t driving it then territory again *lol*

Comment

I found making my wife nervous about driving the VXR means that I get to drive it all the time and she never does- personally can't see anything wrong with that myself...lol

Comment

Working...
                        X