This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXHAUST TAILPIPE [Protude Recessed or Level?]

Anyone help Should the tail pipe be level with the surrounding body kit or recessed. :?

On checking cars seen in the dealers lately it varies. Now seems the standard is level!

Mine is receesed by 20 to 25 mm back within the surround of the bodywork. [measured from the top]
    Safe Driving ! Andy

Must say i have noticed this as well, mine thankfully sits perfectly level with the back bumper

Comment

think mine sits back but also seen it level when its hot im sure

Comment

I think you will find this is because from what I gather the rear box is adjustable on the hangers or the hangers themselves are adjustable (some of the Astra guys may be able to confirm). May be worth getting underneath have a quick look and get the dealer to adjust a you would like.

Comment

Dealer could not shift it.

Got this morning

I write further to your e-mail dated 25 August 2006 regarding your exhaust tailpipe enquiry for your Vauxhall Astra VXR.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
          I have contacted the Brand Manager of the Astra VXR with your enquiry who confirmed that when the vehicle is brand new the exhaust should be at the most flush. However, the exhaust extends when it gets warm so it will stick out slightly and over many miles driving it will settle to be flush or slightly protruding and this can be considered normal. With the sports exhaust fitted it can protrude up to 15mm.
          Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Andy,
            well see the system works as thats what I told the customer assistance cnetre....

Stu

Comment

Thanks. So Its back to Hintons to see if they have a bigger Hammer [only joking. ] I have to attend on the 15 th for the sprung joint on the wing.So ill flag it up again. VBW
              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
              X