X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr vs civic type r

whats best

not my cars better than? again you get the car you like the most/ can afford otherwise we would all be driving the same cars now that would be boring, what ever you get just enjoy it i love vauxhalls would never buy honda because of what they tryed to do to nigel mansell back in 87 f1 sesson.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

yeh just look arond see wot u like , what turns ur head , and gives you the wow factor i was looking for ages but as soon as i saw the vxr i new that was the one type r's are everywhere and the wow factor as gone vxr is now no 1, read this forum then make your own mind up . each to their own .
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I swapped my CTR for a VXR back in January....no regrets at all. CTR was great for flying around country lanes as if it were on tracks...but at the end of the day having to use more than 5500 revs to get a thrill can become very wearing. Also... as I do 70-80 motorway miles a day, having to use almost 4000 revs to cruise at 80 means you can't hear yourself think.

VXR (with Stage 2 and Milltek)...quicker, more refined, will accelerate from 70/80 + in 5th or 6th with ease....different world.

Comment

A bloke from work had a Type R and got rid of it as did not lioke having to rev it all the time to get it to go.

197bhp @15000RPM just like a bike

would sooner have 240bhp @5500RPM.

Comment

I certainly don't like the look of the old shape Civic, but I will certainly go and see the new car when it comes out.

Comment

a mates got a typr r and he prefers the power delivery of the vxr after taking him out in it
              but at the end of the day its down to personal preferance , and i prefer turbo charged cars

having said that tho after seeing the new CTR pix its definatley a great looking car !

whats good for some one may not be good for some one else , roadtest the m all and then decide

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                not my cars better than? again you get the car you like the most/ can afford otherwise we would all be driving the same cars now that would be boring, what ever you get just enjoy it i love vauxhalls would never buy honda because of what they tryed to do to nigel mansell back in 87 f1 sesson.
                What did they do?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                  What did they do?
                  i think they threw bananas at him and said we dont like your tash so sod off to the isle of man lmao
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Current Type R? No.

New type R.... Drool drool. Yes.

Comment

The email updates that I have had from Honda about the new Type R are making a lot about the fact the engine is still the 200ps engine, which suprises me.

You would have thought that if anything with the competition (Vauxhall, Mazda, Seat) all going for bigger outputs that they perhaps wouldnt have emphasised the deficit.

Comment

Yeh but if you believe the rumours they are bringing a type RR which if I remember rightly from when I last read about it a few months back is 250+ps. Different engine, turbo jobby.

Not sure how they would market/price it though as you can imagine it would kill off the standard type R.

Then again VW do have the R32 and GTi and even a GT (I think...too many beers), so who knows.

Comment

The New Civic

Hello all,

I prefer the old civic to the new one. My brother has the new Civic 1.8. Which i know is not the flash Type RR but it will use the same Shell to a certain extent. My brothers feels and looks plastic. The door handles flex as you try to open the doors cos they are plastic silver looking things but the quality just does feel like it would last five or six openings. And inside is just a load of cupboards and little hidy holes. The Dash is awful. And the worst thing is that it has a start button that you have to put the Keys into the ignition lock and then press the button to start it. Whats the point when we put our keys in and it starts anyway without the extra movement of pressing the button...

In my opinion having been in my ex - girlfriends brothers old style white Japanese import CTR with Jackson racing supercharger fitted and all the remapping and stuff done. The old one feels and looks better built and my god did it go. I dont know how it would have stood against you people with the stage two, but i know it would have left the standard VXR. Which hurts to say as a VXR owner. Cos in my mind there is nothing better than the VXR. But that CTR was definately faster.

But i stray from the original topic.

In my mind the new CTR will be the same shoddy build as my brothers standard 1.8 one which i really dont like...

It reminds me of my old Renault five Turbo. Plastic and sellotaped together. But fast!! But you die if you hit a fag packet in the road.......

MikeanicVXR :P

Comment

We used the Type R as the direction we wanted the VXR to go in . I rather like the current car , gearbox is amazing , handling good , ride a bit crashy (tho depends on the model year as the later ones improved) very good value. The engine is a little jewel tho bloody annoying when you get it in the wrong gear but great fun to spin up.
                            Ultimately slower than the VXR due to the punchier motor in the Astra.

Beware the supercharged ones!

Not sure about the new one yet , looks too sci fi for me. We find it interesting they've gone with a beam rear axle as per Astra to cut down the weight. Suspect it will handle well but await news on the more powerful version.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                              What did they do?
                              he was given older equipment remember the willians active suspention and the spanish gp mansell wone with old spings his car was often slower in st line, rumour had it is engine had less hp it all started at the 86 silverstone gp remember that over taking move on nelson and again german gp which honda did not like as nelson was there favered man.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X