This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is any1 else Experiencing this

Is it just me or is any1 else Experiencing this ,when i look at the 888 diesel variant i cant help but feel let down that a lesser car comes with a better package ie: thoose wheels brakes and suspension than the so called top of the range flagship model of the Astra ,think Vaux need to take a long hard look at there branding that theyve been outdone by a little dealer franchise :? :?

i do agree about the brakes if the 888 could be so well priced, then there is no reason why vaux with its buying power could not offer the same spec as an option at little extra cost, as its fare to say that vauxhall do have to cater for the masses , but as i sa on this sort of car it could be a fairly priced opton. as the 888 is the same price as the sri

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
      i do agree about the brakes if the 888 could be so well priced, then there is no reason why vaux with its buying power could not offer the same spec as an option at little extra cost
      888 cdti gains in some areas and looses out in others, where as the VXR has a decent spec up front, both interior and exterior, keep in mind the 888 has a SRi interior and recaros are a £1600 upgrade, there you go upgrade your brakes for the same, i have the AP/VXRacing brakes and they are worth the money you spend, the passive Lotus developed suspension is a great set up for british b-roads and having driven both i wouldnt say the 888 suspension is any better, a bit more firmer but would more suit a track than fast b-road, i opted for the KW varient 3 adjustables that are fitted to the sprint, now thats what you wont if you are after a total handling improvement but i couldnt ever see those being fited as standand

Comment

[quote="Aussie"]
        Originally posted by vxrdave
        i do agree about the brakes if the 888 could be so well priced, then there is no reason why vaux with its buying power could not offer the same spec as an option at little extra cost
        888 cdti gains in some areas and looses out in others, where as the VXR has a decent spec up front, both interior and exterior, keep in mind the 888 has a SRi interior and recaros are a £1600 upgrade, there you go upgrade your brakes for the same, i have the AP/VXRacing brakes and they are worth the money you spend, the passive Lotus developed suspension is a great set up for british b-roads and having driven both i wouldnt say the 888 suspension is any better, a bit more firmer but would more suit a track than fast b-road, i opted for the KW varient 3 adjustables that are fitted to the sprint, now thats what you wont if you are after a total handling improvement but i couldnt ever see those being fited as standand

Point Taken me auld aussie comrade ,but dont u think the 888 style wheels would of been a better upgrade choice than the 19s and the brakes a better option that say smoething ponsey like the sat-nav

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie VXR
          say smoething ponsey like the sat-nav
          Ooo careful, the ponsey Aussie has the sat-nav!!! :? :wink: :P

Comment

is that ponsey pr pansey
            either wa that ponsey/pamsey sat nav keeps me out of trouble on a regular basis, ask my wife and she will tell you i use it just to get down to the local servo

in all honesty Stevie my Scotish comrade, i think you get a better deal for the 19's than the team dynamics but in saying that i do prefer the light weights but only in silver
            really you could look at the brakes as an optional upgrade as they are available from VPC, TMS & Courtenays for the tuners and Vxl dealerships, so on par with the Milltek when you think about it.

Comment

You feel much better when looking at a 888 from front or behind - nothing special at all....!

...and for those not in the know - its a bad boy modded sporthatch wif weels...man !
              tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
              The truth is out there ...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X