This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a different car

Well I have to say I am very pleased with the Astra (something I havent said for some time) since the Michelin PS2's were fitted.

I now find that the torque steer is only a problem on the most horrendously rutted roads.

The grip is fantastic (yes I know they are new) but even when the Conti's were slightly worn I wasnt that impressed with the grip.

Its the best £400 I have spent, becuase without it I suspect the Astra would have gone by Christmas.

All I now need to do is find a way of curing the amount of body roll that the car has.

KW varient 3 coilovers
    transforms the VXR!

Comment

Re: Its a different car

[quote="
      All I now need to do is find a way of curing the amount of body roll that the car has.[/quote]

Catherine,
      I suggest you buy a skateboard

Michelins are a great upgrade.

Stu

Comment

Ok have just brought it back from the dealers (see other thread). It is truly fantastic. I am now quite confident that it will not be beaten round a roundabout by one of those Copen things again.

Comment

VXR Perfomance Centre Spring Kit and front and rear AntiRoll Bars and you will have your skate board !

No need for Coil overs unless you like getting dirty !

Comment

Originally posted by davidof
            VXR Perfomance Centre Spring Kit and front and rear AntiRoll Bars and you will have your skate board !
            What you can stand on the back and 'flip' it up to catch it! :? :?

I've got 4 new tyres on my car now and I've noticed a slight improvement in the grip and handling! If I had new tyres on the track day there is no way I would have gone on that grass!

Comment

Maybe you have a better tyre than before,!!!

And you can only flip the car up if you have an expanding Miltek!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe you have a better tyre than before,!!!
                Yeah that's true. I'll have to see how they perform as they wear....I'm not used to full tread on tyres! :wink:

And you can only flip the car up if you have an expanding Miltek!!!!!!!!!
                Yeah but you would have to warm it up sufficiently before hand each time. Hmmm...I'm starting to see a use for the Magnex now...!

Comment

Hey we have just recently seen a flood of Astra Vxrs wanting remaps fitted with Magnex exhausts, , so we now have a remap that suits both Magnex and Miltek.

Can only be good for the VXR brand!

Comment

The big question though, is there any difference at the end of the day, between Miltec and Magnex when you`ve mapped them ??

Comment

Yep ! something left to pay your Mortgage with according to customers

Comment

*lol* is that the only difference then ??

Comment

They are both as good as each other , the only difference is Miltek comes VXR Rubber stamped.

But I think it is good that people have a choice at last ,it helps to keep an open Mind and not a blinkered look because there is only one available.

Customers we see are happy with both Systems so no reason to say different.

We sell the Miltek here at VXRPC as it carries the VXR stamp and we are happy with the Systems.

Comment

Body roll - are you on drugs???

Comment

Originally posted by red1
                              Body roll - are you on drugs???
                              no but i recon you are,

So how much lower will the VXRpc set up make the car.

I would like a 30-35mm drop on mine but dont want to change the ride too much.

I find it's firm enough as it is std. but like the look of a lower'd body with the 19's makes the wheel fir the arch better and gives the front end a more agressive stance.

Comment

Working...
                              X