Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member / CDC/IDS+ / 19's - lots of questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member / CDC/IDS+ / 19's - lots of questions!

Hi folks,

Thought I would just introduce myself having checked this forum out the last few days and after deliberating on new (+ wait time) vs. used (+ no wait time) I put my deposit on an 06 Saphhire Black VXR with 4.5k mls - pick it up Thursday and can't wait!!

I'm totally happy with the car but just have a few questions:

1. The car is advertised with CDC/IDS+ but is there any easy way to confirm this is actually fitted? I assume apart from driving it and recognizing a stiffening in the suspension with sport mode on the only other way is to look for the specific option code in the service book?

2. The biggest temptation for the car was it had all the options I wanted, with leather pack & xenons. the only missing item was the 19's. I tried to see if dealer could swap 19's from their demonstrator but apparently not as the demo is already advertised with the 19's so the only option they offered is to buy them new which even getting trade price on the wheels is approx £1000 (exc. tyres!). Are there any other options for swapping out my unmarked 18's + cash for 19's?

many thanks,
    Pete.

Before going for the 19's I would try the car for a while as the pureists on here believe that the handling is actually better on the 18's.

Comment

1. there is a light on the dash that lights up for a few seconds when you put the ignition on.

2. not sure about this. the only idea i have is but the 19's and put the 18's on ebay and see what you can get for them. ppl say the 18's handle better but i like the look of the 19's.

the dealer i got the car from had not seen one on 19's till mine arrived his 2 demo's had the 18 as he was worrid the options would not sell.
      while the car was on the forcourt he had loads of ppl look around it and asked if it was for sale. now his new demo has the 19's and leather and has sold 3 will spec like mine. he said it was a good advert while it was on the forcourt.

Comment

1. I too would like to know about this as my new VXR arrives in October and I have no idea whether I have CDC or IDS.

2. 19's look much better on the car and im my opinon are essential. They also improve acceleration, on the 19's you can hit 60mph in 2nd gear whereas you have to use 3rd on 18's. (So I have been told on this forum before you lot start attacking me). Don't know about handling. Bearing in mind the Astra is not famed for it's handling anyway, I doubt there is much difference between the two.

Comment

1. I too would like to know about this as my new VXR arrives in October and I have no idea whether I have CDC or IDS.

2. 19's look much better on the car and im my opinon are essential. They also improve acceleration, on the 19's you can hit 60mph in 2nd gear whereas you have to use 3rd on 18's. (So I have been told on this forum before you lot start attacking me). Don't know about handling. Bearing in mind the Astra is not famed for it's handling anyway, I doubt there is much difference between the two.

Comment

In relation to question 1 on CDC/IDS + - anyone got a picture of the lights on the dash we should be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
              Did you order CDC IDS from the factory, if not then the car wont have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jon
                In relation to question 1 on CDC/IDS + - anyone got a picture of the lights on the dash we should be looking for?
                I think its a picture of a shock absorber and is yellow when lit.

Comment

IDS+ with CDC

IDS = Interactive Driver System
                  CDC = Continuous Damping Control

Come as part of the same package at a cost of £400

Comment

For the IDS there is likely to be a shock absober light on the dash with a "!" next to it if similar to the Vectra . If you can get under the car the dampers will have electrical components at the bottom of them.

Comment

mine lights up "IDS+" but possibly because I have ripped it off and put KW coilovers on, much better. And I run on 19's.

johnny
                      Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

The other way to confirm CDC is if you have black plastic caps with wires coming out clearly visible and fitted to the top of the front suspension turrets.
                        sigpic

Comment

Many thanks all for your feedback and I'll be sure to check the IDS is present when I pick the car up (not that I'm too worried either way as it seems there are mixed views on whether it's worth it...)

For the wheels, I'll see if the dealer can keep his offer of the 19's at trade price (189 + VAT per wheel) for a few months in case I can afford to purchase later...

Apologies but some further questions have sprung to mind in the pre-delivery excitement!

1. I'm weighing up whether to go for the monthly maintenance/service plan - sounds like a win-win given it's the same cost for all Vxl's and the VXR service must cost more...

2. I understand the centre screen is different if climate is fitted? I've got the std CD30 with climate but notice my display was actually black text on an orange background - can this be inverted to orange on black or otherwise changed?

3. Anyone taken the paint protection/supaguard scheme and recommend it? I'm not too fussed about the interior but like the idea of one hose-down and the car is clean, especially with the black that attracts all the dust etc. but how much better is it really than a good coat of polish?

Thanks again.

Comment

1. not too sure its worth it my self. the VXR is coverd as i was going to look at having it but £540 over 36 months @ £15 a month not too bad but if your a VXSCC member you get the parts at trade club any way and you might if your dealer is good get a discount on the labour as well thus cheaper than the service plan. Choise is yours.

2. Have you looked at the screen settings as you can set it for auto day or night and this will light it up different.

3. I have the Juleultra DiamondBrite on mine at a cost of £350. look on Ebay and you can find the product for a lot less than thaet i just got some more of the base caot for £6.50 deliver'd again its up to you. if the dealer does it then there is a garentee for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver

The smaller the wheels (including tyres) the faster the acceleration will be but the top speed is higher with bigger wheels. This is why "you can hit 60mph in 2nd gear (with 19"s) whereas you have to use 3rd on 18's." Just to make that clear. If you think about it acceleraion has nothing to do with what speed you can hit in what gear, thats to do with gearing and wheel size.

Comment

Working...
                              X