This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Happy - Warranty

Had my car for 3 weeks, 2 weeks ago I found a dent in the sill of the passanger door so reported it right away.

The dent was done from the factory says the dealer, and as they didnt spot the dent on delivery they cant do much about it, however they can drill a hole in the sill and tap the dent back through!

Am obviously not happy, so I rang the head office who told me they'd log a case, after that I rang the dealer as they also got my finance doc's wrong and so I told them what I'd done, now the sales manager is trying to say my warranty is void as i've installed a new stereo and 6x9's.

Not sure whats gonna happen now but other than these problems, the car is fantastic...

Anyone an idea if installing a stereo really does void the warranty?!

Cheers,
    Tom

no a stereo wont void the entire cars warrenty

Comment

I didnt think so!

Hmm...have to wait and see what the HQ in the UK will do about it then!

All I know is the aftersales is rubbish! 3 weeks on and my car isnt fixed, nor has the process for getting it fix started, hence having to ring the HQ...now i've done that the sales manager at the dealer I got the car from is trying to tell me that i've modified the car and so the warranty is void...in saying that it was the dealer who sold me the fascia and cables for the stereo!

Comment

So I suppose if you want to take it to the letter of the law then yes, but exprience says that you should call VXL back and tell them what the dealer has said.

Any one with common sense including VXL will say that a dent in the sill has nothing to do with the stereo. Change the stereo back and tell them to fix it.

If the dent was there from the factory then it was their responsibility to find it on the PDI. As they are saying it was done at the factory they are admitting a breach of contract on their side by not suppyling you goods fit for purpose.

Seek advice from the citizen advice bureau. Within the first 6 months on ALL new cars the proof of fault is reversed and they have to prove the dent was not there when dilivered. But they have admitted it was by saying it was done at the factory!!!! Sounds like they are trying to pass the buck, back to VXL.

Good luck

And who is the dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
          So I suppose if you want to take it to the letter of the law then yes, but exprience says that you should call VXL back and tell them what the dealer has said.

Any one with common sense including VXL will say that a dent in the sill has nothing to do with the stereo. Change the stereo back and tell them to fix it.

If the dent was there from the factory then it was their responsibility to find it on the PDI. As they are saying it was done at the factory they are admitting a breach of contract on their side by not suppyling you goods fit for purpose.

Seek advice from the citizen advice bureau. Within the first 6 months on ALL new cars the proof of fault is reversed and they have to prove the dent was not there when dilivered. But they have admitted it was by saying it was done at the factory!!!! Sounds like they are trying to pass the buck, back to VXL.

Good luck

And who is the dealer?
          Also is the stereo an after market Vauxhall/vdo system? If so its an approved product!!

Comment

Think i'll keep the dealers name under wraps until the matter is resovled...dont want them to get more ****** off at me...lol

Anyways, just to clarify, i've not fitted a stereo...they said I had due to the fact I ordered the fascia kit and cables from them...

basically they just want me to go away!...trying to tell me it's not going to be fixed as i have void the warranty...

Comment

lol if you havent even fitted the stereo, they dont have a leg to stand on, saying the warrantys void

Comment

It is dealers like this that put people off buying a VX, I nearly bought a Focus ST because my dealer is so bad. You haven`t even fitted the stereo, I would be going to the top with this one, threaten to reject the car if they don`t fix it, put it all in writing as well and cc in the MD of vauxhall so he is aware. Recorded delivery as well, get nasty with them as it isn`t on mate !!

Comment

Thanks for everyones replies...

I'll keep you posted on whats happening!...

At the min am just waiting for VX HQ to ring me back!

Comment

Dont get nasty you'll never win.

Keep calm and apply firm continued pressure.

High light the fact that the car does not meet the criteria of a new car to the finance company.

Take it to another dealer for their opinion.

Inform VXL HQ of what the dealer is saying and not doing.

Comment

At the minute am still awaiting a call from the VXL HQ...

Hopefully get back to me today! If not i'll ring them tomorrow for an update and just to give them a little nudge!

Comment

thats the right thing to do but keep calm it works loads better

Comment

Finding difficulty to grasp the issue here???

Comment

Re: Not Happy - Warranty

Originally posted by t20lau
                            Had my car for 3 weeks, 2 weeks ago I found a dent in the sill of the passanger door so reported it right away.

The dent was done from the factory says the dealer, and as they didnt spot the dent on delivery they cant do much about it, however they can drill a hole in the sill and tap the dent back through!

Anyone an idea if installing a stereo really does void the warranty?!

Cheers,
                            Tom
                            any joy.

Comment

Hi All...

Just to let you all know, the issue is still unresolved, however after speaking to the sales manager again he has assured me that the issue will be resovled within the next 2 weeks.

I'll Let you All Now How It Goes!

Thanks,
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X