This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First service - brake disc

My VXR having it's first service today. Just had a call from the garage (Evans Hawshaw - Boreham Wood) to say one of my brake discs is badly worn possibly due to a foriegn body getting trapped between disc and pad. They quoted me £461 to replace it. Seemed expensive to me or is that about right?

Andy H.

Crikey thats expensive.

Comment

does seem expensive for one standard disk
      i believe cortenays sell the complete VXR front brake system for not much more than £500
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/default.htm

Comment

I assume thats both sides and pads and the labour? They can't just replace one, have to do both sides.

Comment

Yep, that's the whole package. I saw the discs on Courtenays site for £250 (exlcuding fitting) that's why VX price seemed steep. Guess I'm paying London prices? (normally live in Suffolk) or should it be standard price wherever?

Andy H

Comment

the VXR front brake package is £500
            this kit includes a pair of 322mm vented discs, pads, brake hoses, callipers and brackets

Comment

Originally posted by haynesmate
              Yep, that's the whole package. I saw the discs on Courtenays site for £250 (exlcuding fitting) that's why VX price seemed steep. Guess I'm paying London prices? (normally live in Suffolk) or should it be standard price wherever?

Andy H
              Parts prices should be fixed at all VXL dealera ans so should the labour.
              its called FIX'd pricing

I would question the dealer and i would also get a second opinion.

Comment

hi mate get this checked by another dealer i had the same thing with my front disks big big grooves caused by bits of brass in pade, as i had a look at them before i took it in tryed to tell me same as you, in the end having new disks pads calipers all round as ive got problem with rear brakes as well, all under warranty. dont let them bull you.http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=1247

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Turns out the first service including the brake disc/pad change came to a total of £559. Now i have less cash to put toward a remap!!

Andy H

Comment

whats the milage of your car as it seems early to be having a service if your a mamber of VXSCC you get trade discount on the service parts and the other part are cheeper as well.

i would try and push under warrent for the brakes.

Comment

Car was registered in December 2005 and has just reached 10,000 miles.

Andy H

Comment

I noticed DAY 1 that the discs were getting scored inner on outer and outer on the inner !!!! disc. Thought it must be trapped debris. Checked but just the metal [brass] embedded in the pad. Should clear much less noticeable now at 9k miles.
                        Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

hi this should not happen the brass bits should all be the same size and not damage the disk mine in tomorrow to get them changed at donington 40 plus astras all with nice disks no grooves thats what made me think.

Comment

A pair of VXR discs are only £129.25 :wink:

Comment

been in today had the rears changed under warnty fronts were wrong disks so have to go back for fronts done 3 oct.

Comment

Working...
                              X