This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASTRA VXR RE MAP AND XENONS

Hi i have recently had my Astra VXR re mapped at the VPC.
    I noticed quite a difference with the sport button on however for the first 200 miles or so the engine would hesitate at 4000 rpm with a big flat spot. Now though its fine and everytime i drive it it feels a bit better maybe the engine is still bedding in? Has anyone else experienced this?
    Also i have xenon headlamps fitted and on dipped beam seem to low so going to take it back to vxl has anyone out there experienced this either?

What fuel do you use Jonboy?

Comment

Re: ASTRA VXR RE MAP AND XENONS

Originally posted by JONBOY
      Hi i have recently had my Astra VXR re mapped at the VPC.
      I noticed quite a difference with the sport button on however for the first 200 miles or so the engine would hesitate at 4000 rpm with a big flat spot. Now though its fine and everytime i drive it it feels a bit better maybe the engine is still bedding in? Has anyone else experienced this?
      Also i have xenon headlamps fitted and on dipped beam seem to low so going to take it back to vxl has anyone out there experienced this either?
      Hi Jonboy.

I also have a remap and did not notice this. However, I have always used Optimax and now Tesco 99. As already suggested, this could be the problem if you are using 95 ron petrol for example.

However, it also depends on what gear you are in and how far you have put your foot down. It might be the traction control kicking in. Have you noticed the light coming on?

As for the engine bedding in, yes. It will get better and better. I have almost 17k on the clock now.

I also have the xenon lights and I too have thought the same. Might get my dealer to check them before the dark evenings appear!

Comment

yeah using 99 ron from shell VPOWER.
        Everything is fine now what top speed have you had?

Comment

Hi jonboy, I thought the same , the xenons on normal beam seem really low, light up about hundred foot but cant see beyond ,scarey when travelling at speed.

johnny
          Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

with ref the flat spot it could be the plugs now your on more boost it might make it worse.

Comment

yes alex is right when i had mine done at cs jon said the plug gap hade to come down from .8 to .7

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Mine's going in on Tuesday for an Oil and Filter change and i'm also having the newer plug's fitted under warrenty.

should have done not quite 2500 miles

Comment

Ask your retailer to set the lamps to 0.5% down, they should be far better like that and should not dazzle other drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X