This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Chirp/rattle

As above really, my exhaust has started to rattle and chirp a little but only does it when its hot????, anyone any ideas?. Its a standard exhaust.

:? First time I heard it thought it was a rattle from the CAT. So out and under but no probs.

Now seems it does chirp a lot on the overun or stationary when throttle blipped. Only when hot as you say.

Must be normal.
    Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Poulton
      :? First time I heard it thought it was a rattle from the CAT. So out and under but no probs.

Now seems it does chirp a lot on the overun or stationary when throttle blipped. Only when hot as you say.

Must be normal.
      I dont think its normal, something must be rattling, strange how more than a few owners have reported the same problem

Comment

Hello,

Mine started to rattle after only two weeks of owning it. When i inspected it the hanging bracket just behind the bumper right next to the tail pipe was coming loose. Its a simple case of doing up the two 10mm nuts. Check that just in case thats the rattle you are hearing. Cos it starts off only minor then quickly gets louder.

Mikeanicvxr :P

Comment

that bracket is also an adjuster to centre the out pipe.

Comment

Thanks. I did check that when it started chirping. It was tight but free fromm the rubber bush and was supporting nothing.
            Readjusted which levelled the tail pipe [bonus]

Chirping def coming from within like a small overrun backfire. Def not a rattle
            Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
            X