This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door hinge loose- not good

My cars done 1,800 miles and the black arm thats stops the door from opening too far is loose on the car end. Its about to fall off. has anyone else had this. Im not happy becuase now im thinking what else is loose.

Thanks,

Ben.

could be down to vibration it should have had lock tight on the fixing bolts.

Comment

mine was the same on the drivers door, take it to the dealers mate, a 2 min job, the nut is like a alumn (sp) key nut.....

Comment

yeah mine was the same on the drivers door, i've tightened it myself now. Wasn't too chuffed though, started when it had only done 1500 miles.
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

******* thing has come loose again two days after i tightened it, car is starting to get on my nerves.
          Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Originally posted by Daz5182
            ******* thing has come loose again two days after i tightened it, car is starting to get on my nerves.
            Take it out and put some lock tight on the thread

Comment

it's going back to the dealer, with a few other things.

Didn't expect things like this from a 21k car.

Comment

check mine to day must say they r ok, fingers crossed.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I think some of it has to do with the weight of the door as they are quite large and therefore prone to higher stress than say a normal saloon door. Although I do agree that for the money spent they should've checked things like this out and ensured that the components used were capable of the job.

Comment

yeah that's what i mean, you pay a lot and shouldn't have these issues. Oh well hopefully the dealer will sort the bits i've found so far.

Comment

No hoping mate, he will! Make sure of it

Comment

Loctie should do the job.
                        Reckon the G force of the VXR is forcing the bolts out
                        Life is too short

Comment

Lol, but seriously they should've done more testing/checking as it seems quite a few people are experiencing this issue.....

Comment

Working...
                          X