Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!! Bargain at Vauxhall !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • !! Bargain at Vauxhall !!

    Just bought oil and filter From Vauxhall. Now when I called them on Tuesday they quoted me £28 per 5 litres but they`d do it Trade for £16..........when I went in today they said that theyd do it for £11 per 5 litres AND if I bought 3x5litres Id get one free (are you still following this)
    So what I ended up with was;

    4x5ltr 5/30 Super Synthetic Long Life Oil
    2xOil Filters
    2xOil Filter Seal Ring (rubber not copper)
    = £45.47

    A good deal I though

  • #2
    Re: !! Bargain at Vauxhall !!

    Originally posted by Scooter
    Just bought oil and filter From Vauxhall. Now when I called them on Tuesday they quoted me £28 per 5 litres but they`d do it Trade for £16..........when I went in today they said that theyd do it for £11 per 5 litres AND if I bought 3x5litres Id get one free (are you still following this)
    So what I ended up with was;

    4x5ltr 5/30 Super Synthetic Long Life Oil
    2xOil Filters
    2xOil Filter Seal Ring (rubber not copper)
    = £45.47

    A good deal I though
    yer great price did my oil and filter also air filter cost me about £24 quid for it all,think you got a great deal there

    Comment


    • #3
      Im getting the idea that these cars need more than just the average annual servicing? Mine will be arriving new soon, will I need to take it in more than just each year after that? Costs?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Police_Driver
        Im getting the idea that these cars need more than just the average annual servicing? Mine will be arriving new soon, will I need to take it in more than just each year after that? Costs?
        With ANY turbo engine - you're recommended to change the oil every 5k...
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

        Comment


        • #5
          not bad will let you know how much i paid when it goes in on tuesday.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by M40COO
            With ANY turbo engine - you're recommended to change the oil every 5k...
            Just not by Vauxhall :wink:
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              I didnt know this, my dealer has not mentioned it either. So does everyone here change the oil every 5k? Does it damage the engine if you don't? How much does the labour cost? (I have a friend who can do it for me so long as I buy the oil)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Police_Driver
                I didnt know this, my dealer has not mentioned it either. So does everyone here change the oil every 5k? Does it damage the engine if you don't? How much does the labour cost? (I have a friend who can do it for me so long as I buy the oil)
                No it wont damage it as the oil is designed to do 20k but its better if you change it earlyer as the turbo heat of a tuned engine with deteriorate the oil quicker. plus fresh oil will help ceep every thing cool as dirty oil does tend to over heat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Num-nuts

                  "Ceep"
                  Please tell me that was on purpose... the K is nowhere near the C on the keyboard...

                  Also, it is "will deteriorate", not "with deteriat".

                  Lovin it :wink:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    some ov uz ent edukated yoo no so dont tace de pizz oot od uz.

                    plus i have just got up and am still half a sleep also in a rush and not looking at what i'm doing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i think u been drinking too much alex lmao
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        dont drink when i got to drive trains mate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how we fixed for free passes ? since they stopped the persil offers in the 80's cost me a bloody fortune following footy :wink: :wink:
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            no chance i only get a works pass

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I change every 4-5k depends on how the previous miles went. I always change oil before a track day and once its over.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X