This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been sent to HELL!

Picked up my VXR in Sheffield on friday.
    Decided a drive up the Snake Pass would be a good test run (it's a twisty road for those who don't know it) and recieved my first sign that i have been sent to Hell...

A huge crater in the windscreen caused by a humongous boulder hurled at me by Satans car as he passed by... ok it was probably an old lady driving and only a tiny stone but it was loud when it hit!

Today i thought i'd try the opposite direction for better luck and so headed out to Scarborough...
    some great roads to see how it behaves on straights and curves and plenty of cars to test it's overtaking skills on, or so i thought.
    All went well and i was loving the VXR until i got onto the A64 past York and then Satan attacked me again... this time he decided not to hurt the car, just my pride.
    First insult came as i overtook a Golf GTi, gloating to myself about how impressive i was, that was until a split second later a flash of red followed by a roar put me firmly in my place as a Ferrari disappeared into the distance.
    Damn it i thought, why did a Ferrari have to be there at the exact time i was showing off. Oh well i thought, it was a Ferrari afterall, not much chance of that happening again i thought... we'll within the next 30 or so miles i realised my thoughts don't count for anything in Hell. I had my pride flattened not once or twice more but another 5 times!!!
    It turns out i was on Hell's supercar highway... 3 more Ferrari's and 2 Dodge Vipers took my ***. At least i took a Golf's...

On a serious note though it's the best car i ever bought and now realise what the rear view mirror is for... not for safety but to help protect your pride!

LOL, great story....Drive in the middle of the road, they will never get by then!!

BMW's have the entitlement. Everyone expects it!

Comment

Well I think under lying situation is YOUR LOVING IT

Comment

You must have skimmed through an enthusiasts day out or something. Quite often you will see a "gaggle" of supercars as their owners meet and go for drives.

Think about it though, 0 - 60 in 6.2 secs and 0 -60 in 4.8 seconds. The difference? 1.4 seconds. That is is this long.

1........2... oh, thats it! So even if they get ahead, their rear end should only be a few feet in front of your front end. Give it some welly, go after them. Don't forget, an engine is only as good as the person driving it. Claim the road, be bold. But above all, be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Police_Driver
          You must have skimmed through an enthusiasts day out or something. Quite often you will see a "gaggle" of supercars as their owners meet and go for drives.

Think about it though, 0 - 60 in 6.2 secs and 0 -60 in 4.8 seconds. The difference? 1.4 seconds. That is is this long.

1........2... oh, thats it! So even if they get ahead, their rear end should only be a few feet in front of your front end. Give it some welly, go after them. Don't forget, an engine is only as good as the person driving it. Claim the road, be bold. But above all, be safe!
          Sir as a police office I hope you are NOT condoning racing on the public highway . I am sure those on ADUK will not be impressed .

Remember

Comment

if its some consolation i was out in mine today when 3 young men in an audi tried to push me so i snapped and ripped the a1 up and left them wondering what the black beast disapearing into the distance was , and that was without sport on lmao its greeeeeat
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
              Originally posted by Police_Driver

Sir as a police office I hope you are NOT condoning racing on the public highway . I am sure those on ADUK will not be impressed .

Remember
              Remember? What? Me, condoning? NO NO, just "thinking out loud" :wink:

Comment

Don't you mean 0........1........2?

It could be worse; a few VXRs have been written-off already.

Comment

I knew this would happen, NO

For the purposes of counting out loud I started at 1. If I had started at 0 then we are looking at an extra second. My point was a 5.7 VS a 6.2...

Comment

A64 York by-pass is not a good road to be on. From the A1 junction at Bramham to the Elvington roundabout sit a nice selection of North Yorks Finest men and wemen in blue, 2 x dark blue Scoobys, 1 X Red Saab a Silver Skoda vRS, oh yes the Volvo T5 estate in Blue is still running after a report that i heard it ran out of road and the driver didn't know what the middle pedal was for. But at least the un marked bike riders stand out, big blokes with Police issue boots, look at the boots BEFORE you go pass them, if they are shiny, stay behind em

Comment

Just think about this - If it had been Magnum's 308 on those windy roads in Hawaii - you would've been passing him!

Comment

Working...
                      X