This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you clean it with?

Been speaking to a few people lately and some say that you shouldn't polish the car regularly as it gives swirl marks. I've polished cars for years but i've never had such a new one and in a colour like arden blue. The last two i've had have been silver so you can't really see the marks if they were there.

What are your suggestions for my new pride and joy????

Cheers

Daz
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

I too need answers, am I right in thinking

-Sheepskin Mit for Soaping

-Autoglym Synthetic Chamois

-Zymol Wax for after

Comment

I use 2 out of the three there.

I have red and the autoglym really brings out the body of the colour if that makes sense. :?

Comment

Best advice for all your answers :

www.detailingworld.co.uk

Dont blame me when you spend rest of your wages on polish etc....
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

As M40COO says have a read on that site very good information.

Things to note
          1. Use the two bucket method to wash with grit guard
          2. Don't use a sponge
          3. Clay the car
          4. Clean the paint
          5. Polish it
          6. Wax it
          7. seal it

I have become hooked .. also I did post about a clean and shiny day in Berkshire on Saturday.
          2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

regarding swirl marks, these usually originate from bad washing technique so a good washing technique like the 2 bucket method, washmitts, etc. should minimse swirls

Comment

where do it get this zymol then and how much does it cost?

Ta

Daz
              Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

You can get it at CleanAndShiny.Co.Uk, they do Zymol kits of which I will be buying one but they are expensive, around £248 for full kit, but there is a starter with cleanser, wax and accessories for around £108

Comment

Ebay - cheap as......

Comment

I just bought the grit guard and will be gong with the two bucket wash from now on...

Other than that I always do the wheels first using Megs All Wheel Cleaner.

As a main wash tool I use bot the Meguairs Lambswool wash mitt and also the Microfible Wash mitt.

First off rinse the entire car clean of debris and then...

Wash with either Meguiars Gold Class or NXT Wash
                    Dry with the Meguiars Water Magnet
                    Then if needbe - clay using the Megs clay & Quick detailer
                    Megs Paint cleaner comes next
                    Megs Scratch X or Autoglym Paint Renovator for any unsightly scuffs
                    For polishing I use either Auto Glym Ultra Deep Shine or Surpreme Polish
                    And For waxing its back to Megs with either Gold Class/NXT or Deep Crystal Carnauba Waxes
                    And I usually like to finish of with Autoglym's Extra Gloss Protection which I rate very highly.

For Tyres I use either Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing or Megs Hot Shine!

Although I am almost exclusivey using Megs waxes - I am gonna order some P-21 Concourse Wax this weak after hearing that it blows Megs stuff away and is on par with the likes of the more expensive Zymol!

Comment

Yea i would agree , but having tried most wax cleaner combinations i dont think you can beat zymol carbon kits for ultimate shine and longevity of treatment if applied and hd cleansed properly. If you are really fanatical about washing waxing etc i would also recommend a full reverse osmosis setup for perfect water quality and zero spotting on car when rinsed before waxing etc. My system produces 10 gallons a day and in the hosepipe ban area this is great .These can be installed for as little as £60 for a 3 stage filter system and comparing price to crap flash spray system it is superb. Plus your wifes kettle and iron will never scale up
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I have just found out Zymol do a AQUA GLEAM WATER FILTER for £46 which filters water but believe this is only 1 stage so may damage membrane in really hard water areas.
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Have been on phone today to friend Paul Dalton of Miracle Detail and Titanium Zymol would be best value for money wax for Arden blue retailing at £67 a tub . I am talking to him about haveing car clayed and prepped at dealers upon arrival ready for full front paintshield day after to stop all these stone chips i keep reading about. His work is absolutly floorless and he doesnt charge £5000 for every car his prices start around the 4 - £500 mark for a once a year prep and wax.. He has just been booked to do one of my companies sales reps sons porsche carrera gt when it arrives in the country.. His site is www.miracledetail.co.uk for those who havnt seen the quality of his work
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

what does claying you car mean/involve?

Comment

claying basically is the first step to achieve perfect bodywork. You wet the surface of the car with a liquid like zymol lehm lube and then in straight line rub the lehm klay along the surface of the panel until it goes smooth like glass. This basically takes off all contaminates and oxidised bits from paint work and trust me the finish is so smooth you would not believe it. After that you generally wash car and dry and put a liquid like hd cleanse on and rub off all old waxes etc before applying a good carnuba wax. The end result is a bodywork that water will just run off , the reflection will be outstanding and the car will be a doddle to wash for weeks.Bodywork needs to be 100% smooth to get a perfect light reflection and if you do not do the prep correctly your car will never shine as it could. Paul Dalton has just done my reps bmw 330 ci in silver at work and when you put both the reps cars together and run your hand along them you can feel one feels like glass the other feeld like sandpaper honest. If you want to try this get a plastic wrapper off a cigarette packet and place your finger inside and run it over your bodywork and you will see what i mean. The finish that Paul achieved was really outstanding.
                              check out pauls site.
                              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X