This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News on Astra Residuals

After the debacle with the Vectra residuals in July I was bracing myself for another kicking over the Astra after looking at diesel cars at the weekend.

I am pleased to report no such kicking took place.

Offer 1 Audi Dealer

£13K with £2K off an Audi A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI

Offer 2 Volvo Dealer

£14.2K with £2K off an S40 Sport

Offer 3 Vauxhall Dealer

£11K (I didn't go any further on this one for obvious reasons).

So tomorrow I am waiting to see what BMW, Jaguar and Ford will do on a few cars I have selected as potential vehicles from their ranges.

So it looks as though the Astra is an excellent buy indeed.

HIP HIP Hoooooray. Dont forget about the S4! (It has twin exhausts)

Comment

Now theres an idea, I didnt realise they did a diesel S4 - I must do a better research job next time of the Audi range.

Comment

it would be a S-line A4 TDi

Comment

Im guessing Catherine was being slightly sarcastic

Comment

Yes its calls an S4D... available as from August this year, powered by a 3.5 TD engine producing 280BHP and 320NM of torque.

Comment

Well I have to say that I am very happy with how little the Astra has dropped in value despite it having 2 owners and 10K on the clock.

The few figures I was being quoted last week actually turned out to be the norm and in fact sods law after I did a deal on a BMW yesterday another dealer rang me from Cheshire to bid me £14.5K

So as it stands the Astra is the 2nd best car I have ever owned for loosing the least amount of money, coming a close 2nd to an M3.

So I think for the anyone buying one it has to go down as a very sensible proposition.

As for the Audi S4 D what can I say, apart from it's such a shame that the dealers can't sell you one as they don't know of it's existance.

Comment

I am confused only 320nm from a 3.5td seems they have gone backwards, their 3.0 does 450nm. Or perhaps PD you are having a jolly old joke with us!!!! Anyway assuming Audi do find out about it perhaps you could direct Catherine dealer(s) to the website tee hee only joking

Comment

Oh it exists alright, I own 12 of them.

Comment

If you have 12 it would be a nice gesture to allow Cathrine an extended period test drive in one. What a gentleman you would be considered to be ! Tell me, do the back seats fold forwards ?

Comment

Think they go backwards on that model, as it is better for reducing weight...

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                        If you have 12 it would be a nice gesture to allow Cathrine an extended period test drive in one. What a gentleman you would be considered to be ! Tell me, do the back seats fold forwards ?
                        No No NO NO don't start on that again pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Start what? hehe

Comment

Do you really want to know!

Comment

no

Comment

Working...
                              X